Forums

Full Version: Combat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Okay, I'll be the first one on my block to add to the new category. I've got the perfect thing. Just got the first season of Combat. Anyone remember the 60's WWII show?

Boy is this bringing back memories. My dad and I used to sit and watch this every week. It was one of our very favorite shows. As soon as the music started I started humming along with the theme.

I've only watched 3 episodes so far. There's a lot of good stuff, but of course you have to put up with the occasional "hokey" scene. Hey, it was the 60's. :D So suspend your disbelief a bit and you'll love it. The first episode begins with the landing on the beaches of Normandy and each episode carries them across France and beyond.

As soon as I'm done viewing the VHS tape that my friend Gene Fiducia of the 631st Engineers WWII sent me regarding his trip to Normandy and other parts of Europe that he fought in, I am going to pop in another episode of Combat. Just love Vic Morrow and Rick Jason. I can remember having crushes on them when I was just a wee tike. :lol:

When I had digital cable they were showing it every day on the action channel. It was great show. I had never seen before then. They need to release that one on DVD.

Was this show ever aired on British TV?

Well you're in luck LC, it IS on DVD. I rent many of my DVD's from NetFlix, including the Combat Episodes. Of course I buy copies of my favorites for my collection.

Hey Bader, I'm not sure about it airing on British TV, but you can check it out. One of the sites is getting a lot of hits right now, so they were down last night and it looks like they are still down this morning. So here's another one.

Combat TV Series

It's worth watching.

This is great. I haven't seen it anywhere so I didn't know. Looks like I'll have to start getting them.

Hey wee tike,

you said "occasional hokey scene" you left the c out that goes between o and k .

Those were the good old days, and you were a happy kid. I know your dad is looking down and saying "thats my girl"

Guess who?

Ah, you always know the right thing to say. You should have been a diplomat. Yes, those were the good ol' days. Lots of smiles and not much worry.

:D

Just watched the second COMBAT DVD today (appropriate for Veterans Day) and it was really good. Some awesome footage from WWII. Four well done episodes. Definitely worth a watch. The third DVD is on it's way to my house from Netflix. Can't wait.

COMBAT,

I just watched it on TV in Novi, we have Bright House Cable. It use to be Time Warner Cable. It came on channel 39, Encore Station, from 4 PM to 5:30 PM

on Thursday Nov. 11, They were in a German prision camp

papa

Excellent. I'm sure they will start showing it a lot more now because of the newly generated interest in the old program. It's definitely worth a watch.

Now we can compare notes. Hey did you see the episode where....

And a note to everyone, you can rent episodes from NetFlix too. They have a HUGE selection of movies. Very cool! :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4