Forums

Full Version: New here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Boely

Hello to you all,

I am an new member of this great site and I would like to say hello and introduce myself to you.

My name is Jelle Renze Boelens and I live in the Netherlands.

I am verry interested in the WW2 Allied History of WW2.

And I am especialy interested in the US/UK and other Allied Engineerings units and their vehicle,s and machine,s and other equipment as used by them in WW2.

I am also verry interested in the WW2 Allied Recovery,repair and maintenance units and their vehicle,s and equipment and such.

And the Sherman and its family is also an interest of mine.

I am an military modeller and so I like to build 1/35 scale models and diorama,s of the above mentioned vehicle,s and equipment.

Futher more I like to read about these above mentioned subjects and to collect books on them.

I hope in some small way I can help to keep the memory alive of those who gave us our freedom as we know it today,my way is to build 1/35 scalemodels of the vehicle,s and equipment and machine,s as used by those men and women in WW2.

Futher more I like to walk with my two dogs and I take care of my dad how is 85 years old.

At the moment I am disabled,butt on the bright side of that I have more time to build models :pdt34: !

So hello to you al and I see you on the site :waving: !

Greetz!

Jelle.

Hello Jelle,

Jim Davis (Maui, Hawaii and Member/ Historian of WW II's 1204th Army Engineer Fire Fighting Platoon) here. Your message asks for info on WW II US Army Engineer units and their equipment. Let me introduce you to the near unknown WW II Army Engineer Fire Fighting Platoons by askng you to open these websites:

"Fire Fighters in Fatigues" at http://www.maui.net/~r11 and

"World War II Army Engineer Fire truck Identification" at http://www.maui.net/~r11/firetruck-id.

If any of the info in these sites raises questions, please be in touch. If you find trucks in the ID site you might like to model please let me as I can supply much info on them, including dimensons and equipment.

Aloha,

Jim Davis

Hello Boely ,

Welcome to the forum .In view of the interests you have expressed, you should find much information here.You will also meet many interesting people . I am especially pleased that someone of your relatively young age is interested in the people and equipment that was used in your country and other European countries during WWII.

We hope you will enjoy your association with us .

ColBill

Welkom uit Nederland. Waar kom je precies vandaan?

(for our English members :rolleyes: )

Welcome from Holland. Where exactly do you come from?

:machinegun:;)

Regards,

Frank

Another welcome from me! You and I had the chance to talk through email before you joined, and I am very pleased to have you here.

I hope we can help you with your equipment quest. I have quite a few photos myself, and people post more and more all the time. I have many that do not appear on the website yet. I will look though and see what I can come up with.

Hello Jim,ColBill,Frank and Marion,and all :armata_PDT_01: !

Hello Jim,nice site about those Firetruck,tanks for the links to them.

Those Firefighter Trucks would make an great scale model!

So I may hold you on that information on those Trucks ;) !

Hello ColBill,I think it is important that we know our history and WW2 was an big part of history and I live in an land that has much to thank for what the WW2 vets have done for us!

And as said I hope that I can help in some small way to keep the memory and history alive on what al the WW2 vets have done!

And beside those vehicle,s and machine,s as used by the US Engineers are also verry cool B) !

Hello Frank,nice to find an fellow Dutchie over here!

I live in the other side of the Netherlands in Friesland,in an little town called Drachten to be pricize :) .

Hello Marion,thanks again for the nice e-mail you have send to me.

I still have to learn how to navigate on this site butt I am planning to visite this site every day so I think I get the hang of it soon :D !

And thanks for searching for photo,s,to build as realistic and historic correct photo,s and such are an big help in getting my models as good as possible.

I hope that I gett my new photocamera soon so that I can putt some photo,s of some of my builds on here!

So thanks to you al for the nice welcome and I wil see you on the site!

Greetings an I see you on the site :waving: !

Jelle.

Welcome to the forum. There's people and discussions, so enjoy!

I, too, enjoy 1/35 scale models. I do German armor mostly, but mix it up now and then for some variety. I have taken pictures of several of my projects and posted them here: http://picasaweb.google.com/OBrienPhotos/Models#.

Here's is a sample. I put them on Picasa so I could hang them here without attaching them and taking up space. Let me know if you can't see it.

DSC00595.JPG

Welkom uit Nederland. Waar kom je precies vandaan?

(for our English members :rolleyes: )

Welcome from Holland. Where exactly do you come from?

:machinegun:;)

Regards,

Frank

Frank,

I followed your links to the to the pictures on the other two sites . They were most interesting .

Thank you for pointing them out.

Bill

Hello CaptO,

I am sorry for my late reply,I had some problems(again!) with my computer and it seems that the problems by now are resolved.

But you do have some great builds there,I also build WW2 German models butt I have now specialiced myself in the WW2 Allied Engineers and Recovery vehicle,s and such.

Butt I still have some German kits waiting to get build in my stash,like the 88mm Flak you have build and an Famo half track.

Some of my projects I am working on and searching reference,s on are my Corbitt 6X6 6-Ton Truck who wil pull an Freuhauf 20-Ton Flatbed Trailer with dolly and on the trailer there wil be an D7 Bulldozer with Le Tourneau dozerblade or an Crawler Excavator I have in 1/35 scale.

Al in 1/35 scale,I have got today in the mail some great new books called Caterpillar Military Tractors Vol 1 and 2.

They are photo archive type books with some great photo,s of Caterpillars as used by the Military in WW1 and WW2 and Korea..

The photo,s I like the most are ofcourse about the machine,s used by the WW2 US Engineers.

Butt the other photo,s and drawings are great too!

Butt I would have loved to have some photo,s of the Trucks and Trailers that moved these machine,s around in WW2,butt that is another subject ofcourse.

Maybe there wil be an book about that too in the future,I hope so!

CaptO great to see your builds and if I get my new photocamera I wil post some photo,s of my builds.

Greetz and al the best!

Jelle.

Here are two good books with photos, and as we say here in America, "right up your alley"! :pdt34:

The Corps of Engineers - The War Against Germany - Authors: Alfred M. Beck; Abe Bortz; Charles W. Lynch; Lidia Mayo; And Ralph F. Weld - Publisher: Department of the Army - The book describes in detail the role of the Army Corps Engineers in various campaigns, from North Africa, Italy, as well as Central and Western Europe, from 1941-1944. Includes photos, maps...

The Corps of Engineers Troops and Equipment - Authors: Coll, Blanche D. Keith, Jean E. And Rosenthal, Herbert H - Publisher: Department of War - Discusses development of equipment, role of the engineers, construction in ports, etc. Includes photos.

I bought these from a used book store on the internet. Try using Alibris! Go to their main site and type in the title in their search section.

http://www.alibris.com

Good luck. They have several copies of each book.

Pages: 1 2 3