Forums

Full Version: 10th Engineer Reenactors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Our dear friend Joe, sent me this email. I am sharing the contents with all of you. Pretty cool stuff.

I took the liberty of writing to Mitch this morning, and am looking forward to hearing from him.

=======================

Dear Veterans and Friends

As you know, we reenact the 10th Engineer Combat battalion (3rd Infantry Division) in FRANCE.

3 weeks ago, 12 members of our association decided to build a wood bridge over a ditch near DOLE (JURA). Length = 6.5 yards - width = 2.4 yards (just for a jeep) it was very interesting to build something with trees. Our 2 jeeps crossed the bridge to check it was OK or not!! It was fine... We did it!!! Our first experience!!!

I join some pics. Enjoy! We want to realize a report about the combat engineers for Militaria Magazine!

All the comments are welcome !!!!!

Take care

Best wishes!!

MITCH

post-2-1216812663_thumb.jpg

post-2-1216812672_thumb.jpg

post-2-1216812680_thumb.jpg

post-2-1216812687_thumb.jpg

post-2-1216812696_thumb.jpg

:pdt34: really cool!!! :armata_PDT_37: Hats off to those 10th eng combat battalion reenactors!

m2

Marion: Just wrote to Mitchy explaining about forewarding his letter to me to you. I hear from Mitchy about monthly. Joe

Great. Thanks for doing that. I did send him an email this morning, and told him you had sent me the info and photos. I got a return note saying he won't be back for a while. Looks like he may be on vacation for a week or so. I look forward to talking with him then.

Smiles,

M1

Marion: I believe Mitchy is a State Cop and works shifts so it may take a while for him to answer. Glad you

contacted him as I think he would be a good member here. The reply I just recieved from him was not in English as he was not home. Will keep you informed.

Bonjour, je serai de retour le 10 août 2008. Je ne peux pas lire votre e-mail pour le moment.

Joe, it says, Hello, I will return on August 10, 2008. I won't be able to read your email right now.