Forums

Full Version: 351st General Service Regiment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Posting this here as a courtesy for one of our new members this week, Red Rover. Don't worry, it sometimes takes a bit to get acclimated to a forum and how it works. :pdt12:

========

This is my first post and I am not a computer guru. I am 64 yrs. old and not in very good health. In later yrs. I have been trying to find out more information about my dad who served in the 351 Engineer Gen Ser Regiment in Europe. I was born during WW2 and adopted out after the war. I am trying to find out anything I can about my real dad and what he did in the war. It is about closure and who I am a part of. I have really learned a lot in the last few months and would like to know more if anyone out there was a part of the same unit or know of the 351st. I know they had the following campaigns: Northern France, Rhineland and Ardennes-Alsace. They were in France and Luxembourg during the "Battle of the Bulge." Thanks.

==========

You are welcome Red Rover. Glad to have you on board. You can add anything you wish by replying to this post.

We have a very good HELP SECTION too on how to post, reply, etc.

Larry, thanks for the help on this GSR unit. Mucho gratias!

I came across your post on this forum when I googled my grandfathers army unit. My grandfather was in the 351st engineers. Sadly he passed away last week and my mom came across a large # of his wartime photos. I am working on scanning them into my computer. What company was your dad in? I believe my grandpa was in either E or F Co. I have photos of basic training, troops being transported in a large ship, some of the British people he knew, marching in formation in England, and some photos in France.

Van, sorry for your recent loss. It is a LOSS for all of us. However through your efforts, he WILL NOT be forgotten. Thank you for that.

We look forward to the photos. Can't wait!

Hope we can help you to find out even more.

Marion

Hello, Sir. I may have known your dad. My grandpa was John E. Black. He was with the 351st. They made a pact with each other after the war to meet up at a reunion every year over Labor Day weekend. I went to this reunion every year with them until they literally all passes away. I knew most all of them personally. A man named D.K. Johnson was the original veteran that started this reunion and when he passed away he left the entire 351st collection to me. I have letters, official photo albums, histories, videos. I have it all. I have a names and addresses of most all of the 351st. Most are deceased, but their are a few holding on still. Please call me or email me with your questions. I am so happy to have found you and can help you I think. I have boxes of stuff. my number is 419 262 0333 or email me at REMOVED BY MARION I will also keep checking on here for you.

Sorry we do not allow the posting of email addresses on our forum. This encourages spam bots/spammers.

Forum members can reach each other via Personal Messenger, etc. while logged in.

Hello, to all those who maybe looking for information on the 351st GSR. I have just about everything you may ever want to know. I have the entire collection of those service members of this unit. My Grandpa was with this unit and all of the men made a pact to meet every year after the war for a reunion held over Labor day weekend in Mansfield Ohio. I went to these reunions with them and knew most all of the men personally. They were a wonderful group that I respect very much. If you had a family member with this unit, I probably have something you might like. I have boxes of photos, videos, histories, etc. As a member passed away the family donated it to the original veteran who started the reunion so that a members could still look at them. All of this came to me after the last veteran passed away. Their are a few members of the 351st still around though and I have been in contact with some.

Hi Joel:

Looks like we haven't heard from Red Rover in quite a while. I realized I posted that for him back in '08. I did go into the members section just now, and sent him a private message and told him it was important to check out today's post from you.

I hope he will do so, or at least send me an email.

I am going to look through my old email to see if I can reach him that way too.

I'll keep you posted.

Marion

Joel:

I found his email address and just sent him a note. I will let you know if I hear anything at all.

Ok, thanks. I hope he gets it. I just saw on there too that it was posted in 2008. Thanks for your help.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7