Forums

Full Version: Map from Larry Lundy - 1301st Engineers - Co D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Marion, Peter, Bill

I went to Little Rock today (finally) and got the map copied to a disk. The PDF files are quite large, one is 65 MB and the other is 119 MB, and I’m afraid they will not send through email. They did turn out quite well. You can increase or decrease the size and rotate the map and addresses. I have Marion’s and Peter’s address but if you want a copy Bill I will need your mailing address. Hopefully this will be a great addition to your webpage and help to get the word out to the members of Co D and their families and also get new stories and pictures to add to your collection.

Thanks for your help and patience

Larry Lunday

=================================

Larry's dad is Herbert H Lunday - 1301st General Service Regiment. He sent the letter to Peter Culos who is the nephew of a 1301st engineer, and also to my dear friend Bill Douglass who is a member of the 130st.

I plan on sharing the PDF files, one which is the map itself and the other which contains dozens of signatures of the men with their addreses, but as Larry states, the files are HUGE! I am trying to find a way to compress them further to make them more accessible. I may try and take a snapshot of the map to see how that comes out. Till later lads and lasses...

Okay let's try this. I brought up the PDF file and took 4 snapshots of it with SNAGIT.

I'll do the other side later today... Gotta go work in my garden!

post-2-1208702219_thumb.jpg

post-2-1208702229_thumb.jpg

post-2-1208702236_thumb.jpg

post-2-1208702243_thumb.jpg

Here's the PDF with names and addresses.

Names_and_Addresses.pdf

Okay let's try this. I brought up the PDF file and took 4 snapshots of it with SNAGIT.

I'll do the other side later today... Gotta go work in my garden!

Marion, thanks for posting this stuff. I hope we do find some more 1301st connections. BTW, I know I still owe a logo. I think I'll have time this month.....finally!

Pete

Mr. Lundy just sent me a copy of his DVD that he created with his Fathers map and photos of Co D 1301st Engineers. My Uncle Harold Seaney served with him and I found a few pics with him on there. I can't wait to share it with his Son and Daughter. I have a few items of his that I need to share on this site. I better get my kids to help me with it.

How wonderful. Glad to hear you got in touch with Larry. And thanks for sharing with Harold's son and daughter. Let me know what they have to say.