Forums

Full Version: WWII 101st Combat Medic - 326th Airborne Engineer Combat Battalion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dear Sirs

My name is Juerg Herzig, I am swiss and I am researching a combat medic who was assingend to this. His name

is John D Segel, Army serial number 17081821, born October 4, 1921 and died January 17, 2002 in San Diego. He was a combat medic of the 101st Airborne. He got 2 Bronze Stars, the combat medic badge and the Purple Heart. On his

ETO ribbon he has 3 bronze Stars and the arrowhead devide most likely for Market Garden.

He was a medic assigned to the 326th Airborne Engineer Combat Battalion, 101st Airborne Division and was attached to the 506th

Parachute Infantry Regiment for Operation Market Garden. Two of his Bronze Star Medals are for Heroic Achievment. One during Market

Garden and the other for Bastonge.

I am looking for the general order to his Purple Heart and any other information like photos, patches just anything. He was near

Vechel where he got his first Bronze Star.

Any information is highly welcome. I would like to thank you in

advance.

Cordial Greetings

Jürg Herzig

St. Laurentiusstrasse 12

CH-4613 Rickenbach

SWITZERLAND

E-Mail: (Marion's note: removed email address for privacy's sake)

Juerg:

If anyone wants to email you, they can simply click on your underlined member name on the forum. I am removing your printed email to keep you from getting spammed. That is the number one way to get bombarded by spammers.

Everyone, always remember never to display your email address on any forum. Words to the wise. :armata_PDT_01: