Forums

Full Version: How to Keep House in a Foxhole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I came across this .pdf file while surfing around this morning. :armata_PDT_23:

How to Keep House in a Foxhole

when the page opens, click on the .pdf link in upper left, the file may be slow to open.

I haven't read it yet, but just pulled it up on my screen. Yes, fair-warning to all, for some reason it really hangs while downloading. In fact it looked like my browser had hung up while this was transpiring. It finally completed the download after a few minutes. So to all; don't give up hope. Simply walk away for a while and come back to read later... :pdt34:

Thanks, can't wait to read it all. Another one of the army's hidden gems. :pdt20:

65 years to late. shovel is all that was used. rjr

65 years to late. shovel is all that was used. rjr

post-256-1206049514_thumb.jpg

Artillery had the comforts of home--Engineers had all the equipment

:armata_PDT_01: -------------------- :armata_PDT_37:

infantry

:armata_PDT_19:

Roque: You got it correct. Seems to me a foxhole was a very temporary thing and not for long periods

of use. Then dig a new one somewhere else. Lost count of the ones dug. Kinda wonder if someone ever filled them in later. Must have been millions dug. Granted, our housekeeping was shoddy.

Hey Joe; Did you ever relieve yourself in a foxhole, then a mortar round

hits close by ?? Joe no one will ever know what we went thru, only

you and,me,Sgtleo. Roque

I've perused about three-quarters of it so far. Really interesting. A real peak into a 40's combat manual. The intent was to help the soldier and give him good advice, but is filled with a touch of humor too.

I didn't realize there were other things including news items of the day and a book excerpt, Victory, from the journalist, James B Reston.

It's definitely worth a few minutes of your time. The first page's words are a bit blurry, but the rest is great shape and easy to read.

Rocky & Joe, i was wondering if yall ever filled out a Shellrep/Mortrep card or just pointed at the hill in front of you.

post-304-1206058091_thumb.jpg post-304-1206058058_thumb.jpg

Shellrep cards were to be used to report locations of enemy artillery to those rear echelon guys.

JOE; THIS SONOFMP IS FUNNY. NAW AL;L WE DID WUZ STAND UP ON

TOP OF A MOUND OF DIRT AND WAVE OUR HAND IN THE DIRECCTION TO

FIRE. JUST KIDDIN!!! There were artillery spotters and they had their

O.P. spots.

roque

Pages: 1 2