Forums

Full Version: Pictures from my holiday in normandy August 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Here the link from my online album's about my holiday to Normandy from the august 2007

I finally took the time to do !

You could see the pictures of the Camp Patton

And the Battery Maisy

This is the huge secret german artillery battery which was completely camouflaged et hidden for 60 years in the french countryside and has just been restored . The 5th rangers had a 5 hour battle with german forces on the 9th of june to stop the site firing at the invasion

http://picasaweb.google.com/waminvero/NormandieAout2007

I hope you enjoy !

Véronique ;)

great pictures Veronique!

it must be such a moving experience to be there at

Normandy. thanks for sharing them with us!

merci beaucoup!

Mary Ann

Thank you for sharing Verow. One day I hope to see this and so much more for myself.

parker

I must say I am incredibly jealous. If were more of a Civil War buff, I would be in hog heaven here on the east coast, but as a WWII buff there is not much here to see state-side. As a Marine I might get to Iwo Jima or some other Pacific battle sites (I have been to Okinawa), but I could spend months in Europe soaking in the more and the less traveled battle sites from both world wars. I guess its better not to have 2 devastating conflicts rage across one's soil in a generation, but as the descendants of that generation, you certainly have a wealth of history at your fingertips.

Take care,

Todd O.