Forums

Full Version: Training Day, England. Sunday Jan. 20th 2008.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

post-256-1200867942_thumb.jpg Mailman ( right ) delivers a joke to Magic .

post-256-1200867989_thumb.jpg 30 Cal instruction from 'Lucky'.

post-256-1200867970_thumb.jpg On parade, S/Sgt ' Kelso'.

post-256-1200868010_thumb.jpg Follow the Yellow Brick Road...... Marion, 'Puddles' had eyes as wide as saucepans, all those BIG puddles !!!!

post-256-1200868035_thumb.jpg Arriving at the RV...

post-256-1200868051_thumb.jpg 1st Squad.. S/L Sgt. 'Granny' Knott...

post-256-1200868070_thumb.jpg 2nd Squad S/L Sgt. ' Moose' Holmes...

post-256-1200868093_thumb.jpg End of day....

post-256-1200868107_thumb.jpg

Great pics Moose. Here in the states there seems to be more interest in Re enacting the Civil War. I've recently seen more on WWII groups, and a guy in my Civil War Roundtable belongs to a group that portrays the Spanish American war. What an honor to the participants in the war that there are people that want to keep their memories alive.

My guess Moose is that you're either the large guy toward the left, or you're the one with the large antlers...... :rolleyes:

Yup, great photos. Did Puddles have his rain gear with him? :frown:

Yup, great photos. Did Puddles have his rain gear with him? :frown:

Hi Marion,

Yes, I was well prepared this time! I even had a snorkel in the car just in case!

Luckily I managed to keep well away from most of the puddles.

My built in puddle detecting radar has been retuned and is now set to help me to avoid falling in them, though I did get a wet foot by not having by depthing sensors set to boot height and stepped in a puddle that was not a puddle, but a hole!!

All the best.

PFC Puddles

SELHG (101st AB. 506 PIR. Easy Company. 1st Squad)

England.

Careful there PFC Puddles, or we may have to rename you PFC Pools. Hmmm, doesn't have the same ring now does it? :frown: Uh-oh, do I hear running water...

Great pics Moose. Here in the states there seems to be more interest in Re enacting the Civil War. I've recently seen more on WWII groups, and a guy in my Civil War Roundtable belongs to a group that portrays the Spanish American war. What an honor to the participants in the war that there are people that want to keep their memories alive.

My guess Moose is that you're either the large guy toward the left, or you're the one with the large antlers...... :rolleyes:

post-256-1200937215_thumb.jpg Heres a rare photo, I'm upright....!!

I'm hoping the uniform is cotton (although this time of year wool wouldnt be too bad) The Civil War guys have the wool uniforms, and there is nothing like watching them topple over in the 100 degree weather in Virginia in the summer. And you cant just throw them in the washer when you get home.

My father had his WWII issue coat when I was a kid and he used to wear that in the yard until it fell apart. I remember that being a very heavy cotton material.

Enjoy seeing the pics. Keep sending them,

I'm hoping the uniform is cotton (although this time of year wool wouldnt be too bad) The Civil War guys have the wool uniforms, and there is nothing like watching them topple over in the 100 degree weather in Virginia in the summer. And you cant just throw them in the washer when you get home.

My father had his WWII issue coat when I was a kid and he used to wear that in the yard until it fell apart. I remember that being a very heavy cotton material.

Enjoy seeing the pics. Keep sending them,

On behalf of all the guys thanks Darlene :heartpump:

This is the web address of the UKs brilliant US Civil War Reenactors

( www.acws.uk ) take a look while your cup of "Joe" cools.

Moose.

I've had the good fortune to meet several folks from Civil War Roundtables in California, so it was nice to see pics.

Her is a link to my latest Civil War endeavor.

http://www.jimlarkin.com/9thRegiment/9thRegimentHome.htm

A few years ago I was lecturing at my roundtable on the Art of the monuments at Gettysburg and had a full slide show and stories behind the reason certain designs were chosen. (Caught my eye when Marion posted about the reunion in Pennsylvania in Sept....only an hour from Gettysburg and I could both meet Marion and visit my favorite place on earth....) After the lecture a guy approached me about a committee he was starting to get a monument laid in Vicksburg to the Connecticut troops. Its been really interesting. Looking forward to seeing the final monument when they complete the carving.

Oh you are definitely a woman after my own heart. Would love to meet you in PA. Was just telling my husband about all the wonderfully intelligent and fascinating women on my forum, and you absolutely fit the bill. We have a lot in common and we also love Civil War history. We went to Antietum when we were first married and we were the only two people out in that famous field that afternoon. Can't tell you the course of feelings that ran through our veins. We could picture the sights and sounds all around us. It was eerie, but the acres had such a feel of reverance. I don't think most folks could understand. Knew you would...
Pages: 1 2