Forums

Full Version: Early member back again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi; My name is chuck Gray Coming back for the second time. I origionally registered shortly after my good buddy and best friend PAPA ART in 04.( Not 19 but 20) I'm Back again and hope to stay. Like Papa Art, I too enlisted in the Army Air Corps. And like like him was diverted when the course of the war changed for the better and the urgent need for air crews was no longer a priority. I went off for radio & then radar training. then the war in Europe ended, so off to Signal Corps for shipboard radar training. Upon completion , we were again loaned out to the Transportation Corps, and ended up as 3 man radar crews on Army transports carrying supplies to Europe and bringing back GI's for discharge back into civilian life. We really raised eyebrows with the Merchant crewmen , seeing Air Corps patches, as part of the ships compliment.

Nice to be back on board

see you around

chucktoo

Hi there Chuckypoo. Welcome back, I sure have missed you.

You should see my nappy headed kraut. He's getting big. He was a year old in June.

post-114-1192927419_thumb.jpg

Yes, it IS good to have you back. I hope you know that. :heartpump: