Forums

Full Version: US guards at the Nuremberg Trials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Anyone know what US unit/units stood guard at the Nuremberg Trials? I've searched around online many times and find no mention. :banghead: I have a few books on the trials but the photos are not clear enough to make out any insignia on the guard uniforms.

The 3rd Battalion of the 26th Infantry Reg., "Blue Spaders," of the 1st Infantry Division were chosen to secure the historic Nuremberg War Crimes Trials.

In one report i read, it mentioned that "K" Company of the 26th Inf., 1st Div. was on Court room duty.

Other Units at Nuremberg were The US Constabulary, the 793rd MP Battalion, & the 508th MP Battalion."]

That's correct, they even had special insignia and markings.

Erwin.

thanks for that information - I seem to remember my mother saying dad was a guard at the Nuremberg Trials and I have been lurking through books to see if I can find his photo there - I recently found a photo of him with the blue spades and the Big Red One patch - also with the Belgium Fourragere so it was after WW2 I would guess - Any ideas where I could find some good photos of the guards at the trial?

WOW! that's an excellent photo - don't see Dad but must be some additional good quality pix somewhere - I'll keep searching - meanwhile I'm saving this one - best one I've seen yet.

:clappin2:

Christoph

Thanks for posting the photo links of the Blue Spaders at the Nuremberg Trials. I had to stop my research for quite some time and just pulled up this site again. It was a pleasant surprise to see your reply. The photos are very clear.

pjo