Forums

Full Version: New Member! 19th Eng. Reg. Combat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself here on this site.

I live in Northern Utah.

I love the fact that this site is dedicated to the combat Engineers. I have been collecting pieces of WWII history for years and my wifes grandmother gave me all of her husbands (Crpl. Ernerst W. Warner) information, uniform and whatever she had left of his. He past away in the early 70's so my wife and her siblings never really had a chance to meet or get to know him. As I was looking thru the stuff that his widow gave to me I ran across a typed life history of his and decided to do more research and then to type the story into word perfect for posterity. I fell in love with this man and became a great respector of him. Mostly out of pride for his posterity. I gave the story, filled with pictures relevent to the time since he had very little, to his family at grandma's 80th b-day back in November. I love how the family just swooned over it. His story has brought some pride to them and I am happy to have let his life do this.

While transfering the story I became a fan of the Combat Eng. and realized the diffrence that they made in the war. So to honor them I continue the research and try to help others know their history as well. I rebuilt a 1945 GPW Jeep recently and even though I know that this jeep was sent overseas May 10th 1945, I did redo the markings on the Jeep to reflect what Ernie would have driven in Italy.

I hope that thru this website that I might be able to find more information on Ernest or the 19th Engineers Reg. I would love to hear from anyone else who has information on the regiment or knows someone that might have info or material from them.

I own a Memorial day service announcement that I'll try to scan that has listed all KIA of the 19th Eng © GP dated Wed. 30 May; Udine, Italy. If anyone would like to have a scan of it I would be happy to pass it on. I will also post his story for all to read!

thanks to all of you and especially Walts Daughter for making this site and offering the information that you do!

Jace :armata_PDT_37:

Uh-oh, I'm already envious! :pdt: Another WWII jeep owner. Well look at it this way; at least I'll get a lot of rides everywhere I visit! :blush:

I did get your grandfather's story and I am planning on creating a page for him in the near future. I hope your wife and her family will also be pleased. It's great to be able to feature another combat engineer. As you said, you have come to honor and respect them so, and I am no different. BIG FANS! :pdt34:

I look forward to seeing any other documentation on the 19th that you may have in your possesion, and we can certainly add that to his page too.

Welcome Jace.

:pdt12: Anytime your in Utah. 4x4 Jeep style. If you dare! :armata_PDT_23: LOL.

I am excited about the page your going to do. Anything that I can do to help would be my pleasure!

thanks

:armata_PDT_37:

Uh-oh, I'm already envious! :pdt: Another WWII jeep owner. Well look at it this way; at least I'll get a lot of rides everywhere I visit! :blush:

I did get your grandfather's story and I am planning on creating a page for him in the near future. I hope your wife and her family will also be pleased. It's great to be able to feature another combat engineer. As you said, you have come to honor and respect them so, and I am no different. BIG FANS! :pdt34:

I look forward to seeing any other documentation on the 19th that you may have in your possesion, and we can certainly add that to his page too.

Welcome Jace.

Great entry Jace...I might have rubbed shoulders with Ernest Warner on a cold January Night in 1944 when a platoon of the 19th replaced my platoon for the bridge crossing across the Rapido River. At that time I was a platoon commander in Co. B 48thy Engrs ©. If he was there WE know he made it thru the night. Read my account in Memories "Alfred KIncer" In our great web site. Write me. AL aged 88 You had better not delay. :armata_PDT_37:

Marion's note: I removed Al's email address. Jace has it now. The reason I do this is because robots scan ALL the sites for email addresses, and then you start getting hundreds of SPAMMERS invading your inbox. Not a pretty site! :cuss:

Mr. Al Kincer.

Thank you Very Much! I hope that that 88 is treating you well! E-mail sent. If anyone can point me in the direction of his account I would be appreciative of it!

:armata_PDT_37:

Jace

here is a pic of Ernie.post-333-1184115696_thumb.jpg

Great entry Jace...I might have rubbed shoulders with Ernest Warner on a cold January Night in 1944 when a platoon of the 19th replaced my platoon for the bridge crossing across the Rapido River. At that time I was a platoon commander in Co. B 48thy Engrs ©. If he was there WE know he made it thru the night. Read my account in Memories "Alfred KIncer" In our great web site. bco48e@satx.rr.com. Write me. AL aged 88 You had better not delay. :armata_PDT_37:

post-333-1184115445_thumb.jpg

Jace, I know Al sent you the link, but for your knowledge, all vet's stories can be found on the main site in the Memoirs section. All are listed there according to the units they served under:

VI Corps Engineers

Other Engineers

Other WWII Vets