Forums

Full Version: Book - Five Years, Four Fronts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Memoirs of Georg Grossjohann, an infantryman who rose from the enlisted ranks

to regimental command in combat who fought on 4 different fronts from `41 - `44.

Of interest to this forum is the accounts of action in Southern France of the

(Germ) 198Div. stationed near the spanish border in spring of `44, the battle at

Montelimar, and the retreat up the Rhone valley to the Vosges against VI Corps.

I found it fairly well written with brutaly honest accounts of the experience of a soldier.

It`s available on amazon.com for $6.99 in paperback, $14.95 hardcover

Five Year`s, Four Fronts

Since we are talking about Southern France I shall say, merci beaucoup! Thanks for the recommendation, as I am trying to collect any book that has references to VI Corps' advance. I shall make that purchase today. :pdt34:

20 minutes later...

Reporting for duty sir! Just ordered the book from one of their sellers, so I got it for $3.71 plus shipping. It's a NEW book too. :D

Since we are talking about Southern France I shall say, merci beaucoup! Thanks for the recommendation, as I am trying to collect any book that has references to VI Corps' advance. I shall make that purchase today. :pdt34:

Hello M-

Take a close look at the DVDs I mailed to you (yesterday) when it arrives The US Army in Italy WWII. It's not a book, but there is footage of engineers in it and it covers every major battle in Italy! :pdt34: I am sure you'll enjoy it..

DD :woof:

Got them today. Much thanks. Can't wait to view them. Will get them back to your ASAP!

M