Forums

Full Version: Looking for proofreaders for book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Vets or researchers: willing to correct details in my novel?

I'd like some WW2 vets to proofread my ms for accuracy.

If you are willing, please e-mail me at mr.gsd (that is, @netscape.com) and I'll send you some chapters.

My hero gets shipped to Europe just after D-day, and gets transferred around various units (so I can keep him in the action as much as possible)... at Battle of the Bulge, with Patton, etc. until end of April, first of May near Bavaria when V-E day arrives.

Fred

Please forgive me if this is tedious. Since I got no response to the questions in "Introduction" early in 2006, I thought maybe I just posted my request for help in the wrong place.

Subject: questions re info needed for novel I'm writing about a man who serves from the Ardennes through Germany under Patton in Europe summer 1944 to VE-day, and later in the Korean War from 1950-53... I'd like to contact vets who were there. I need more accuracy and credibility.

I was never in the military myself, but my "hero" is a WW2 and Korean War veteran and I want to get as close to accuracy as I can. If you were in Korea in the early `50s or in Europe in the last year of WW2 there, please e-mail me. mr.gsd (@netscape.com) Even if you are a researcher with good reliable knowledge of those eras.

Fred

Marion's note: Posts merged into one place

Hello, Mr. GSD. I missed your post last year. I'm not very knowledgeable about the historical facts, but I would be glad to help you out however I can. My grandad is a WWII & Korean War Veteran but I'm afraid he doesn't like to read at all. The only book I've ever seen him read in all my 30 years was Jessica Lynch's I'm a Soldier, too.

Have you tried posting on the Korean War website? Lots of vets are on the message board.

www.kwp.org

Best of Luck!!

Brooke

Howdy Mr. GSD,

I was never in the service myself, but I would be happy to help you if I can. For starters I would suggest you pick up one of the many books available to Collectors of WWII uniforms and gear. There are also a few Collectors and Reenactors on this site that could steer you in the right direction as far as familiarizing yourself with Period gear for American GI's. Best of luck on your book. and sorry I can't help more.

Dogdaddy :woof:

Hello, Mr. GSD. Have you tried posting on the Korean War website? Lots of vets are on the message board. www.kwp.org

Brooke

And besides Brooke, dogdaddy replied, too. Maybe more, but I haven't scrolled down that far yet. Thanks. I'm on Ed Evanhoe's Korean War chat list; maybe that's the same as kwp.org??

I have looked at websites re uniforms and badges. Will continue looking for live vets as well as researchers who have talked with same.

Fred

p.s. back in the 1960s when CB radios were the rage, my handle wa "DoggieDaddy" and my son's was "AugieDoggie", both Hanna-Barbera TV cartoon characters. I raise GSDs, thus the names.

p.s. back in the 1960s when CB radios were the rage, my handle wa "DoggieDaddy" and my son's was "AugieDoggie", both Hanna-Barbera TV cartoon characters. I raise GSDs, thus the names.

I remember Augie Doggy and Doggie Daddy well...Doggy Daddy had a voice that mimicked Jimmy Durante ;)

:woof: "heh heh heh...dat's my boy, Auggie!"

Mr. GSD...I was reluctent to answer because I was in the 7th Army in Europe. My writings are included in this site. I Commanded an Engineer Combat Company. I would be happy to help if I can. Send what you want, if I help you I will be happy. Alfred Kincer. *** email removed for privacy (please use the PM feature) BC

Mr. GSD: I feel that first of all you should give us some facts about yourself, not a blank profile. While YOU wish us WW 2

vets to open up to you, and you stay completely out of sight.. So you toured Korea. That is all you stated in your profile.

I dont think you will get many takers on this "one way street". Sounds like you need to do some research badly. Specially concerning about " him" being in MANY diferent outfits from post Normandy .

Mr. GSD: I feel that first of all you should give us some facts about yourself, not a blank profile. While YOU wish us WW 2

vets to open up to you, and you stay completely out of sight.. So you toured Korea. That is all you stated in your profile.

I dont think you will get many takers on this "one way street". Sounds like you need to do some research badly. Specially concerning about " him" being in MANY diferent outfits from post Normandy .

3rdinfjoe Hi JOE!! Just got back today from a 5day camping trip with two of my kids. Lots of fun and I just enjoyed it. I would like to comment on your post but the last time I said anything it was the wrong thing to say. As far as a comment on a book, that leaves me out also. Iam going to be careful in the future. Joe I am going to the ANZIO BEACHHEAD VETERANS REUNION NEXT WED, AT BRANSON, MO. That's ITALY WW II. Take care Joe. Rocky

Gentleman there are nothing wrong with making comments, but it's HOW people make them. We all have to realize how our words might affect others, especially those we hardly know like our newbies. It's just extending common courtesy to everyone including friends and strangers. :pdt34:
Pages: 1 2