Forums

Full Version: George D Weber (Don) 39th Combat Eng
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

your_name: P A (Weber) Pearson

email_confirm: left off for privacy

through: Search Engine

comments: I have personal photos my father sent home that were taken by the company photographer. He was in the 39th combat engineers regiment.

He was in North Africa for approx. a year and then Sicily, Naples-Foggia, Rome-Arno, Northern Appennies, Po Valley, GO 33 & 40 WD 45, whatever the numbers mean. He's deceased and am taking info from his discharge papers. He stayed in Italy until the war was over. He left via ship 6 Sept 45 and arrived at N. Y. 22 Sept 45.

His name was George D. (Don) Weber from Ohio. He was the "old man" of the group, 31. He helped with flame throwers and had been in chemical warfare school. There are Anzio pics and others. One in particular somebody may like to see. There is a group with "Sons of Rest" sign in front of them. He "supported" Mom with poker game money he sent home from the younger boys. I'd like someone to have these photos, a little bit of WW11 history. I have no children to pass these to. Thanks for your help. Wonderful website!

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll have to double check to make sure I have all Daddy's pictures. I'm glad I found an avenue to funnel these photos through that will not be wasted! Don't you just love computers! I'll be in touch when I get my "ducks lined up".

Thanks again...........Pat Pearson