Forums

Full Version: Beginning Thoughts on No Bridge Too Far - 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Just sent the following note to a friend this morning. Had to share it with you because I made myself laugh out loud. armata_PDT_12.gifarmata_PDT_12.gif

Yes, I am ACTUALLY writing today. Yes, writing my book. Of course I have been researching and compiling and making detailed notes, but I am writing paragraphs and saving them to my hard drive. This is it. This is the book.

Damn, I have to admit that it's scary. Real scary. It's as though I have just made a committment, signed a contract, made some sort of huge move. Hard to describe. It's like, this is it kiddo. Sink or swim. Do or die. Hmmm. Makes one think.

So.... here I sit and sigh. I'm really doing this I say to myself. It's no longer an idea, an infatuation, or synapse sparking in my brain. I'm going for it. Egad! I've never done anything like this. Can I do it? Ya, I can, but I feel like I'm jumping into another world or league of folks who are waiting to pounce on me! LOL!!!! I picture it like this; a floating panel of judges with long white beards and long flowing white robes looking down on me and saying in a booming chorus of voices, "So you think you can play with us? ha-ha-ha-ha!"

I have to do this to make myself laugh. Yes, I am smiling. This is fun, but scary. Yes back to that word. It's one thing to write about your own life, but to try and write about a group of men who experienced so much. Whew!

Well I'm not getting anything done by writing to you, but heck, it's an outlet and I guess that's worth something.

Not so fluently yours,
M

After spending about 6 hours today, I finished writing the rough draft of my Intro. A big step for me. I forced myself to get focused and actually write a REAL CHAPTER. As I stated above; it's a bit scary. I am on the road now, it's a one way street and there's no turning back. I've made a committment to myself, and my vets.

I come away today with a good feeling and I'm very pleased with my first attempt. I ran on an idea I came up with a few weeks ago, and today I woke up very early and said, "Self, there's no time better than today!" And away I went.

I sent the rough draft to James Hennessey, for I wanted someone to read it right away. I value his opinion and since we were already writing to each other this afternoon, well...

So wish me luck and if I seem to lay low now and then, rest assured I am sitting back with laptop and notes, and pouring my heart into a PC. Praise be to Microsoft... :lol::lol:

I have completed the first chapter, the Intro Chapter to my new book, No Bridge Too Far. Several of my dear vet friends took the time to read it and give me their impressions, and Colonel Mike Morgan, editor of Army Engineer Magazine, has graciously accepted the position as my official editor.

Mike and I have been talking about the "feel" that I want for the intro, as well as the feel and direction I want for the main portion of the book. Mike has been just great to work with, and I learned a lot yesterday after submitting my first draft to him. With his guidance, I changed a few things to make sure that my audience, including laymen and engineers alike, would understand what I was and am trying to relay.

I happily submit my intro for your perusal and hope you enjoy reading it, as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Please note that this is copyright protected material.

This is a tease to make you want to read the rest of the book when it comes out. :lol::lol:

Intro____A_Box_of_Chocolates.pdf

chucktoo1926

Go for it Mare!

When your book comes out, Art and I will be up to have you autograph it. What a day that will be.

You know Mare; Ever since you brought out the Frapper map, I have been awed at that great picture of you on your DAD'S lap. The expression on your fgace writes chapters on how you feel about your Father. In your introduction, you refered to yourself as "DADDIES LITTLE GIRL". To me, hoping I'm not alone, this chapter would be just the place for this picture.

Sorry I couldn't bring the picture up ( probably copywrited or something ) but we're all familliar with the picture. And what a place for it.

What Say, Is it possible

chuck

DADDIES_LITTLE_GIRL.htm

Here ya go Chuck:

post-48-1169931379_thumb.jpg

I picture it like this; a floating panel of judges with long white beards and long flowing white robes looking down on me and saying in a booming chorus of voices, "So you think you can play with us? ha-ha-ha-ha!"

Whenever you think about this, look behind you. You'll see dozens of men in uniform cheering you on. :pdt40: Remember you have THEM, as long as they are on your side, you can't loose.

Semper fi :pdt34:

Brooke

I love it Brooke. Thank you and everyone else for their votes of confidence! :pdt20::heartpump::wub: Ya, and I think my chorus can out-sing theirs. :lol::lol:

You've got a few others behind you too... a pretty good support team

Essayons

Chris

What can I say but, I love all of ya bunches. You all brighten my day! :glasses2:

My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades! :glasses2: :lol:

Hi Marion :wave2:

Is what your book will be publish in France, because I would like very much getting myself it . :heartpump::pdt34:

véronique :wub:

Pages: 1 2