Forums

Full Version: BOB again today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

When I'm sick I tend to watch my faves and today is/was no different. Taking a five minute break from Band of the Brothers. We have it on DVD. I am sitting here once again mesmorized. I don't know how many times I've seen it now. Lost track I guess. Will probably watch it a hundred times more.

So sobering. While I am sitting here feeling nasty with a sore throat and occasional chill, I look at the guys who fought in the Battle of the Bulge and think how damned lucky I am. Puts it into perspective doesn't it.

Well back to part 7 and 8. The Breaking Point and The Last Patrol. :unsure:

Kinda looks like Bastogne around here too.....except there's no Krauts and the tree's ain't explodin' .... ;)

DD :woof:

ps- Sorry you're not feeling well :( Try some Vick's Theraflu in a cup of hot water......or a couple hot buttered rums.

Don't have any Theraflu, but ya gotta remember - I sell liquor in my store and it's attached to my house! :lol::lol: Look at that, she's still laughing. I'm trying...

MARION,

Sorry you are under the weather. Here in N.E. Texas we are bracing for ice. I will gladly trade you the ice for snow.

My favorite remedy is 2 shots of Jack Daniels 1 fresh lemon W/some pulp and a couple of tablespoons fresh honey. More J.D. and less lemmon for your second dose--honey is optional at this point.

I do hope you are better soon. Band of Brothers is my only request for Christmas.

As Always,

Parker

Glad to see that I have so many great doctors in the house! :lol::lol: Sounds like we have a good health care program right here on our forum.

I think your advice will be headed today. I believe I remember that remedy growing up. :pdt34:B)

Oh btw, I bought Band of Brothers for my son-in-law for Christmas!

Its 70 degrees here and I had breakfast with Babe Heffron this morning. he said it was nice not to have snow!

Glad to hear that Babe is still up and at 'em. Bless him.

I still love the part in Band Of Brothers when Doc finally calls him Babe. What an endearing scene. Hey you called me Babe. BABE! :lol::wub:

Well our 50 and 60 degree weather ends tonight. Just turned on the TV and we were flashed, "Winter Storm Warning". Uh-Oh! :wave: Goodbye sunshine....

Please send my love to him even though I have never met him. It's from the :heartpump: of a vet's daughter.

Same here Marion, I've enjoyed the warm temperatures here too. It's supposed to be cold and raining today and cold and cloudy this weekend.

Brooke

We are in the middle of a storm.. oooo-weeeee!

Babe says "Thanks". He still yells at people when they call him "Mr Heffron"!!!

Pages: 1 2 3