Forums

Full Version: buried in Luxembourg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Am trying to find out more and will post it here when I do, but received the following email from Al Kincer:

One of Ed Jackson's brothers, the youngest, was killed near Luxemburg. He is buried in the American Cemetery and Memorial in Luxemburg. Do you think any of our Belgian Friends are taking care of his grave. If so I am sure Ed would like to know of it. AL

Here's more info:

Helmer Jackson, Company L, 358 Regiment, 90 Infantry Division. He was killed on 16 March, 1945, near Dixon Belgium.

I'll be hanging around the area all the time , think I'll be able to pay a visit at the Hamm Cemetery in a couple of weeks .

I'll put some flowers and take some pics .....If that's ok ......

Allways taking care of our liberators..

Reg

Thank you Reg. That would make Al and Ed very happy indeed.

-o-

:pdt34: Thank you Reg, I will appreciate it very much & I know Ed Jackson & Family will. He was killed in his first action of the war. AL Kincer

Mare , Al ,

I'll be visiting the Hamm Luxembourg Cemetary in a few weeks when guiding a bunch through the Bastogne area . It's only a 20 minutes drive...

I'll make sure Helmer's plce will be taken care of ...

I'll send the pics to Marion ....

Reg

If some of you forum members want me to take some special pics let me know in time ....
Pictures would be nice & thanks very much...AL

Had a great day at the Historic Walk in Bastogne today . After the walking and ceremony I drove up to the Hamm cemetery to take pics and take care of Helmer Jacksons place. It was rainy and cold .

First I took some pics and then I prayed and said "Thank you"... I put some flowers as well .

Alkincer I hope you like the pics ... I mailed them to Marion but here's a preview...

All the best !

Reg

HistoricWalkHamm027.jpg

HistoricWalkHamm019.jpg

I know Al will be thrilled when he sees these. Al, promise to have more for you and will email them TOO directly to you, plus will put all on the site.

Reg, as always, you are a dear and have made a few people very happy by your dedicated actions. :wub:

Pages: 1 2