Forums

Full Version: Photo taken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Two thumbs up! :pdt34::pdt34:

Two more thumbs up! :pdt34::pdt34:

DD :woof:

Thanks guys for the thumbs up.

I need to get my helmet paint with the medic cross and I'll post some pics of my combat medic impression.

Mec 1945: Nice pics. Only sugestions I would make would be to have a bayonet showing, at least one 6 pocket bandoleer, (possibly a couple of frag grenades which were usual) and possibly the gas mask carrier (with no mask most of the time). Also, the combat pack looks too empty. Not critizing but telling it the way it was Please forgive me. We carried only necessities but usually some K and C rations and D bars

plus our personel hygene gear and a bit more.. How about it Roque? Also, at the time

Oneway talked about most M-1 slings (not all) were of the web type and not always leather. type. However it does show just how liittle gear one carried plus blanket and/or sleeping bag.. I believe it does show the shelter half though. Good work guy.

Mec 1945:  Nice pics.  Only sugestions I would make would be to have a bayonet showing, at least one 6 pocket bandoleer, (possibly a couple of frag grenades which were usual) and possibly the gas mask carrier (with no mask most of the time).  Also, the combat pack looks too empty.  Not critizing but telling it the way it was  Please forgive me.  We carried only necessities but usually some K and C rations and D bars

plus our personel hygene gear and a bit more..  How about it Roque?  Also, at the time

Oneway talked about most M-1 slings (not all) were of the web type and not always leather. type.  However it does show just how liittle gear one carried plus blanket and/or sleeping bag..  I believe it does show the shelter half though.  Good work guy.

The bayonet is there but on the belt. I have my haversack setup as a backpack so that it can be dumped but leaves the belt on my waist. In the haversack was blanket, extra clothing items (i.e. socks ) toiletry and 3 k-rations.

yes after the fact I thought about the bandoleers, but I couldn't find my WWII era ones.

Thought about the gas mask bag but being late war it kinda is hit or miss by some of the vets I have talked with over the years. I opted out this time to were it.

I would liked to have had a web sling but not one in my collection at this time.

Here is the description I sent to Onaway417, let me know if everythings sounds okay. I took the description info from my rescourse books. Thanks guys for the info. It will help me next time around for a better photo. :pdt34:

Okay let me explain each photo:

100_0136a – front shot. I’m wearing: M43 field Jacket

The trousers are the: trouser, Field Wool, Serge, OD 33 18 oz Special (Made to match the newly issued Ike Jackets)

As for the shirt: Shirt, Flannel, OD, Coat Style, Special (had the gas-proof features with sleeve gussets and button up gas flap on the chest.

Helmet is the standard front split seam.

The foot wear: Boots, Service, Combat – were authorized in November of 1943

100_0137a – Rear shot.

Okay as the wife would say, here is my better half J

I’m wearing the standard issued M1928 Haversack. Packed in it would be the usual, my blanket, a few extra articles of clothing (i.e. socks!!) toiletry items and a few k-rations to get me by.

Around my waist I’m wearing the: Belt, Cartridge, Cal .30, M-1923, Dismounted, fully loaded with 10 M1 rifle clips.

Attached at the left hip is the Bayonet, M1. This was the standard short bayonet introduced in 1943.

Right rear is my canteen holder with canteen. The holder in the M-1910 which was made in 1942 with the ‘new’ side seam.

The canteen is an M-1910 Aluminum canteen made in 1944 with the third type cap.

On the right front is the M-1924 Pouch, First-Aid Packet with Carlisle bandage inside.

Of course in M1 Garand slung on my side. The barrel is dated 1945!!

Also on the back of the pack is the M-1910 shovel, entrenching. Wish I could have dug up the M-1943 shovel instead for you. But I do not have a cover though for it so it wouldn’t have worked anyway.