Forums

Full Version: WWII Ship Passenger Lists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi,

I am trying to find the name of the ship that my father was on when he went to Europe during WWII. Besides requesting a form from the NARA and sending it back to them, does anyone know of any sites where you can find out what the ships name was? I know my father was in the Army and left Boston on April 3, 1945 and arrived in Liverpool on April 11, 1945. Working with the NARA is so frustrating, especially when I keep getting told that the records were destroyed in the 73 fire. ugh.

Thanks

Sandy

http://troopships.pier90.org/

Try Thsi site. It doesn't list any sailings from Boston or new York on 4/3/45 or any arrivals on 4/11/45. Do you have the unit your father was assigned to? That would be helpful !

Hi,

Thanks for the site. My father was assigned to the 3rd Army 291st Engineers Combat BN. His honorable discharge papers shows date of departure 3 April 45 destination EAMET date of arrival 11 April 45, and then again leaving EAMET 6 May 46 arriving USA 15 May 46. I got Boston off a small address book page where he started keeping some of the dates and places he was at. It showed leave April 3 - Boston, arive April 11 Liverpool. He has dated from april 11 through May and then he just has places. Germany and France mostly. I have just started gathering information about his time in Europe. He passed away it will be 2 years this Sunday and he did not talk much about what he did there or where he was. Ijust recently found his discharge papers so that helped some.

ugh.. that damn fire :banghead: