Forums

Full Version: Posting this one in honor of..I don't own it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Saw this on ebay and guess who it made me think of? The ad said it was found in 1990 at a flea market in Bologna, Italy. I salute the men who wore it way back when... ;)

Jim :woof:

post-36-1160790669_thumb.jpg

Just an update on that 34th Div. helmet...The bid is now up to $810.00 with several days left on the auction. :wacko: Unreal to me to pay that much, or anything close to it for a WWII M1 helmet!

:woof: DD

Holy Moses, Moses! :wacko:

Double Holy Moses Marion....Final price: $1675.00 :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Jim :woof:

Hope they have a really good replacement insurance policy. :wacko::wacko: A little too rich for my blood! YOUCH!! ;)

I saw it too. Wowzer, is right.

You wonder if they actually had the division insignia painted on their helmet when in combat. Then, just yesterday I was browsing thru my library and saw a photo of a helmet painted just like that.

Steve

I saw it too. Wowzer, is right.

You wonder if they actually had the division insignia painted on their helmet when in combat. Then, just yesterday I was browsing thru my library and saw a photo of a helmet painted just like that.

Steve

NO, THERE WAS NO INSIGNIA ON OUR HELMETS, and there were no officers bars on theirs either. WE had the patch on our jackets. AND THE C.I.B. ON OUR CHEST when we had the chance to go to a town. Including the last town I saw,BRESCIA. Roque. $1675 for the helmet, DAMN!!!!!!!!

What a "coincidense"......Just one week after that authentic 34th Div. helmet sells for $1675.00 on ebay, another one shows up ("Estate find") that looks like it was painted in a garage 2 days ago....at least that was my impression. I didn't want to use space to post a photo, but if you want to see for yourself it is item#300045524104.

DD :woof:

PS- Now this is just an opinion, but it doesn't make sense to me that a Combat Soldier who is on the tip of the spear would paint a red "target" for German snipers to see...Besides that, Rocky would have seen some if they did!