Forums

Full Version: then and now - 3rd Infantry man
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

heres a then and now pic of this famous picture.

gilles

Gilles Guignard

post-4-1160431370_thumb.jpg

now...

post-4-1160431390_thumb.jpg

Anyone else notice Sgt. Hill ( in the first picture ) resembles Steve McQueen ??

Oh my gosh he DOES! :lol:

Marion: the "then and now" picture reminds me of one I put together a few years ago

of the 3rd Div.. However I believe one was taken on May 5'45 not May 4 '45 as shown.

I am quite sure the guy in the very back is Stan Manross from Chester PA... Also not

sure whose "mansion it was" but was one of the big wheels in Obersaltz. I named the set, "Once Again". Only the names faces, time, and places change..

post-4-1162141330_thumb.jpg

Great photos.

j3rdinf, the two you put up are quite interesting. I like the comparison. The 3rd Division were quite the palace busters weren't they.

I wonder if the 101st rolled into Saddams place on the following day? Maybe we'll see a mini-series in the future that will clear it all up for us... ;)

Onaway that was funny as hell. Love the comparison! :lol::lol:

Great photos.

j3rdinf, the two you put up are quite interesting. I like the comparison. The 3rd Division were quite the palace busters weren't they.

I wonder if the 101st rolled into Saddams place on the following day? Maybe we'll see a mini-series in the future that will clear it all up for us... ;)

Hi Joe; Those are nice pics. I never saw nothing like that where I was. You say May '45 ? We were winding up things in Italy around that time. Loss is still hitting me pretty hard. The lonesome feeling is devastating. Ketch me later. Roque