Forums

Full Version: 9 mm Beretta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

This is from Al Kincer's, 48th Combat Engineer, collection.

9 mm. Beretta, from German Officer captured in Italy.

post-36-1160402982_thumb.jpg

If weapons could talk......Very nice piece, Al. I'd love to hear the circumstances. :pdt34:

Jim :woof:

Very, very nice piece of 9mm short! There is something similar in my box, (don't ask me how!) ;)

and i hope one more( Tommy Gun ) very soon . Garand rifle is hard to find in my country :(

post-53-1182889035_thumb.gif

BTW, I'm back, Hi my friends and one big HELLO to Le Gal !!!!!

OH MY GOD! You had me worried sick dear friend. I have been trying to find you for over a year and was certain that something awful had happened. I tried every which way to track you down without success. I lost your postal address, and neither email address worked anymore. Even tried to hunt you down through your orchestra, etc. :armata_PDT_23:

When I checked the forum tonight, I thought I saw your name, but thought it was someone replying to one of your own posts. When I clicked on this and scrolled down, I literally did a double-take, scrolled back up and then down again, and said, "Oh my God"! It still took about 30 seconds to hit. :wacko:

Well heck with the great gun :pdt12: where in the heck have you been? I have missed you and can't tell you how you made my great day even better.

Can't wait to hear back from you. We have LOTS to talk about. Welcome back old buddy. :wub:

Yours,

Le Gal

Don't worry, my dear Le gal! I'm alive and strong like... HARLEY DAVIDSON (vintage model he-he).

As i wrote to you on your personal e-mail, i had a several problems in past 10- 11 months with my health condition, dead PC, hard working job. Never mind , i feel good now. It's nice to be here,again, with you folks!!!!

Best regards , Misha :drinkin:

:armata_PDT_01: Hey glad to see you're back :drinkin: some of us missed ya

Thanks pal ! I feel like some kind of VIP :wub: (better than RIP) :D , so, how are you,man?

BTW, your personal photo is great, are you a proud owner of Garand rifle? I hope you are.

Once again, thanks for welcome! :pdt34:

Here are a few items that my Dad brought back.

Lugar 9mm and a Walther 9mm(.380 Auto).

Just above them is the Police helmet. (Oops, it grabbed a different photo without the helmet)

I'll see if this Attachment thing works.

Steve

post-7-1200778666_thumb.jpg

My grandfather brought back a Luger as well. It still shoots great although neither my father nor I shoot it very often beacuse of its value. It is in great shape although a few of the SN's don't match.

Speaking of "if weapons could talk" the other platoon in my company found a PPsh-41 in a village in Iraq. In the picture it is 4th from the left. Considering when it was made and where - and how it wound up in somebody's cruddy little house in a village in Iraq, I'm sure it would have a facinating story to tell. Unfortunately, there was a ban on unit trophies in Iraq at the time and so I'm told the unit that replaced us put it to the torch. Better than being shot at us, I suppose, but it still hurts from a historian's point of view.

Other weapons assembled in the pic are an AK-47, Mosin Nagant, SKS with a rifle grenade launcher, the PPsh-41, another AK, an RPD, SKS, and an AKM. I'm pretty sure about the identification but without seeing the weapons up close I not 100% on all of them.

Well you probably saw this coming; I am jealous of your Luger! :blush: I keep thinking someday mine will come back to me.

That is really a shame the weapon had to be "wiped" and man what a story it could tell us, huh? But as you stated, at least it won't be used against our troops. :machinegun:

Pages: 1 2