Forums

Full Version: Request from chaplain in Iraq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This chaplain in Iraq has asked for our prayers...

As a transportation battalion, my unit will be delivering the voting machines and the ballots to villages and cities throughout Iraq during the upcoming elections. (January 30/31) Our convoys are prime targets for the insurgents because they do not want the equipment to arrive at the polling stations nor do they want the local Iraqi citizens to have the chance to vote; timely delivery must occur so that the elections occur. Encourage your friends and family members and those within our churches to pray specifically for the electoral process. Historically, the previous totalitarian regime would not allow individual citizens to vote. Democracy will not be realized in Iraq if intelligent and competent officials are not elected to those strategic leadership positions within the emerging government; freedom will not have an opportunity to ring throughout this country if the voting process fails. Announce this prayer request to your contacts throughout your churches, neighborhoods, and places of business. Those with leadership roles within the local church post this message in as many newsletters and bulletins as possible. There is unlimited potential for God's presence in this process but if we do not pray then our enemy will prevail (See Ephesians 6:10-17) A prayer vigil prior to the end of the month may be an innovative opportunity for those within your sphere of influence to pray. This is a political battle that needs spiritual intervention. A powerful story about God's intervention in the lives of David's mighty men is recorded in 2 Samuel 23:8-33. David and his warriors were victorious because of God's intervention. We want to overcome those who would stand in the way of freedom. David's mighty men triumphed over incredible odds and stood their ground and were victorious over the enemies of Israel. (Iraqi insurgents' vs God's praying people). They don't stand a chance.

I will pray with my soldiers before they leave on their convoys and move outside our installation gates here at Tallil. My soldiers are at the nerve center of the logistic operation to deliver the voting machines and election ballots. They will be driving to and entering the arena of the enemy. This is not a game for them it is a historical mission that is extremely dangerous. No voting machines or ballots. No elections. Your prayer support and God's intervention are needed to give democracy a chance in this war torn country.

Thank you for your prayer support for me and my family. Stand firm in your battles.

Blessings,

Lyle

CH (CPT) Lyle Shackelford

Battalion Chaplain

This is the second time I've read this. The first time I just didn't know what to say. I know the voting time in Iraq will be very dangerous; reading this chaplain's plea for his soldiers makes it all the more personal. I am so scared for all of them. God grant that they be kept safe. - Marilyn

It is all a carry-over of this nations birth. It was born of terror and mis-givings and fear and tenacity and...

Democracy does come with a price and it is never cheap. Long live freedom my friends. And to all those "as-h--es" who are sitting in the comfort of thier homes tonight and putting down our efforts to bring these people freedom; F.U.

May God and Allah bless these elections and bring to these people a taste of what we so take for granted in this country.

Marion, are you in correspondence with this chaplain? - Marilyn

Marilyn this was sent to me by a friend. I do not know where she got this from and if she was in direct contact with the chaplain.

Well ladies this is fabulous. This came from the chaplain of a unit a group of friends and I adopted . They are the 369th Transportation . The very best news is this They are home. Just in the last few days.... and the very best news is they had no losses in this unit during this deployment. I got a postcard from one of the troops over there .A thank you for care packages. I will treasure it forever. It has the Eiffel Tower on it . When he got R&R he met his family in Paris. These young men and women are very close to my heart, thank you for paying them attention. I will have to post some of their photos here if thats ok.

Marion & Marilyn with my youngest getting ready to deploy I hope you wont mind I will have a lot to post in this area.... I am still trying to get used to the fact he will be gone from me for such a long time and in such an ugly place. I may be in need of a few friendly shoulders from time to time. I know I will do it because thats the only choice a Mom has, but I dont know if I will do it well

Cindy, thanks for the info on the 369th. I am so glad to hear they are home safe. If you get the chance, please pass my best regards to the chaplain and his unit.

Marilyn