Forums

Full Version: 39th Combat Engineers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

What a treat today. Went next door to get the mail this morning (it's nice having the post office next door), and there was a letter with the return address showing, 39th Combat Engineers.

The letter was from Alice and her husband Paul, who are Secretary and Treasurer of the great 39th. They sent me several articles along with a 2 page letter. I was very happy. If you've looked around this site, you have probably noticed that I have far more info on the 36th and 540th than I do on the 39th. It has not been for lack of trying, but it's been difficult to find the remaining members of the unit.

But, now it looks as though that has changed and once again I have found another door opened to me. ^_^ Alice included many other names along with addresses and phone numbers. She is going to bring my letter to their reunion this fall and share it with the others. I guess their numbers are dwindling, but they still faithfully get together each year.

Of course I will post all the info including the letter later this week. It's always fun to share the good news with all of you.

:wub: