Forums

Full Version: The Swing Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Thanks Russ for this great link:

http://www.hhbrandy.addr.com/swing.html

colinhotham

Marion,

I sat here this morning almost with tears in my eyes of nostalgia listening to the great bands and music of the swing era. If ever there was anything to remind us of WW2 it is these sounds as they came through the radio in the 40s and 50s.

Was there ever any thing to equal the music of Major Glenn Miller's AAF band, there are so many of my favourites here. I think I have mentioned before that my dad was a military band leader in WW2, with the Royal Marines dance band the Oceanaires, so I was brought up surrounded by this kind of music.

My thanks to you and especially Russ for providing the link that now lies among my computer bookmarks.

Colin.

:tank:

Mairion: A nice list of oldies he showed. I have about 200 plus of the olldies that I think

I sent you on disk. If not, let me know. This new fangled "music?" just dont turn me on. Going to see if these will download for recording that Russ put on. I have some

but will try the others to add to my collection.

Indeed Joe: Yes, the ones you sent me are great. I only need some more time right now so I can upload more to our site. Think I need to retire... Boredom is NOT in my vocabulary. Wish I had more time to dedicate to my sites... :D

Santa brought me an Apple iPod Shuffle for Christmas. This is the new one that just came out that is 1.0 X 1.62 Inch in size and weighs only 1/2 ounce. But it holds 240 songs.

I experimented with iTunes and tried to download my favorites but the crazy thing downloaded everything on my PC. After skipping several songs that weren't intended to be there, I listened to Glenn Miller's "A String of Pearls".

I'm cool now. B)

Steve

Steve:

The last gift that I had hubby open yesterday was his new IPOD. He was just thrilled. I'll let you know how his first experience goes!

Nice gift huh? B)

Yep. I held back from buying the $250 full-blown iPod. This small shuffle is quite amazing for its size. I'm trying to learn how to operate the tiny controls. But last night I clipped it on my pillow and went to sleep with it ON.

I just don't know if I will ever load 240 songs on it. If I did I would be flipping thru it all day looking for the right one.

Steve