Forums

Full Version: A thank you from the heart!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wanted to share this with you because it was so beautiful. This was sent to James Hennessey of the 87th Inf Div.

------------

Dear Mr. Hennessey,

I would like to Thank You for fighting for our freedom! I have great respect for you and all the man who fought for our freedom. Going so far from home, risk you life and made such sacrifices for people that you don't even know is such a great thing to do. Thanks to man like you we have our freedom.

I read your note on the In Honoured Glory Website Guestbook in which wrote that you served in Co. E, 345th Regt, 87th (Golden Acorn)Inf. Div. during WW2.

I'm 25 years old and I live in the Netherlands, and since I can remember I'm interested in WW2. And because I’ m very interested in WW2, I have read books about WW2 and all the Campaign´s and saw some really interesting documentaries on the Television, as well as on DVD. And, like many others, I have the DVD Box Band of Brothers, which I find really interesting because it is very emotional and through my eyes realistic.

I always listened with the most respect to my Grandparents stories, about how they survived the war and how they managed to stay out of the Germans hands.

Again I want to say Thank You for what you did 60 years ago!

I wish you all the best and if you ever want to share your stories, I would be very interested to read them with the most respect.

May God Bless you,

With Friendly Regards,

Marc van Rooijen

the Netherlands