Forums

Full Version: New 101st site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

I've been informed by a few different people this week about a new site that has been started regarding Easy Co, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne. Seems there is a lot of controversy regarding the men and the motives behind this site.

As far as I understand at this point, many of the vets who are members of the 101st, are upset by this latest venture. Some see it as another money-making venture and do not support or back up this latest organization.

http://www.menofeasycompany.com/home/index...x.php?page_id=8

I feel it is my duty to inform and keep you up-to-date. It is up to you to draw your own conclusions, but I always make sure that things are brought to light. We will see how this unfolds.

I plan on writing to a few of my 101st vet friends to get their personal opinions.

Yeah, I saw this over on the WBG forum. My main beef was with the "Webmaster" because after repeated requests he wouldn't even tell us his real name!!

Ehhh..... kinda fishy to me.

Brooke

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there were some 16,000,000 American Veterans who took part in the Victory in WWII. I find it disheartening that the vast majority of those who are still living will never see another dime for the part they played in that victory. Since "Band of Brothers" first aired, this one particular unit seems to be getting most of the accolades and almost all the financial rewards. To me this is the greater tragedy here, and this has been bothering me for some time. I think all Veterans deserve more for what they did. It's a real shame that things have turned out this way.

Jim

I won't even begin! Let the buyer beware!

Seems sad, but I guess WWII vets and their families aren't exempt from trying to milk folks. Ya, I know; you'd hope it would BE different.

Also, I agree that ALL WWII vets should be honored regardless of their division, etc. As many people say and said, Easy Co, did their job and proudly, but they didn't win the war by themselves. Even the men from the 101st that I know, will tell ya the same thing.

I see that Papa Art has asked a reasonable question. I wonder if they will answer it?

I seem to be lost, where is the question?

Brooke

Ya Jiggs, from what you told me, posts on their site keep disappearing. That seems a pretty crappy way to run a forum. Let's see, I don't like your question; hit the delete key... Says a lot doesn't it? :pdt33:

The folks running it have already pissed off the people they should be trying to reach. It doesn't seem like their goals and purposes have honor, if they show no respect for the people who would support them.

John Wannamaker said it best over a hundred years ago.

"The customer is always right!"

W.C. Fields

"Never give a sucker and even break"

I think they operate under the second quotation!

Hang Tough!

Ya Jiggs, from what you told me, posts on their site keep disappearing. That seems a pretty crappy way to run a forum. Let's see, I don't like your question; hit the delete key... Says a lot doesn't it? :pdt33:

Although they created a good site. The way they are working is so unrespectful. They used other people to create there own network to get in contact with the E-com. vets. The people they have used before have been putted aside, even without to say thank you.

Frank

Pages: 1 2 3