Forums

Full Version: Joining the Anzio Beachhead Veterans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

My dear friend David Wagner of the 39th Combat Engineers, sent me a copy of the latest newsletter from the Anzio Beachhead Vets. After consideration, they are now granting membership to the sons and daughters of those who fought in the Anzio Campaign. I have decided to apply for yearly membership.

Many of my (our) vet friends belong and it's neat to see their names as I read through the newsletter. I'll be proud to have my name alongside theirs. :pdt20:

My dear friend David Wagner of the 39th Combat Engineers, sent me a copy of the latest newsletter from the Anzio Beachhead Vets. After consideration, they are now granting membership to the sons and daughters of those who fought in the Anzio Campaign. I have decided to apply for yearly membership.

Many of my (our) vet friends belong and it's neat to see their names as I read through the newsletter. I'll be proud to have my name alongside theirs. :pdt20:

Marion, could you add my name to the Anzio Beachhead

list. You know the 34th I.D. WUZ there.

Rocky I can send you a form to join. It's $15.00 per year. I am including the membership form below for you or for anyone else who is interested in becoming a member. You can download the form and print it.

If anyone including yourself is not able to download and print this form, let me know and I will mail a copy directly to you. :wub:

Anzio_Membership_Form.pdf

Rocky I can send you a form to join. It's $15.00 per year. I am including the membership form below for you or for anyone else who is interested in becoming a member. You can download the form and print it.

If anyone including yourself is not able to download and print this form, let me know and I will mail a copy directly to you. :wub:

Thanks alot Marion, I got the form like you said, filled it out today stuck

a check with the form and mailman picked it up and gone!! I think the

34th was at Anzio. I remember digging on the side of a dry creek cause

farther down there was water. Got a coupleof pics. but I can't send them

cause all I got is a laptop and printer. Could take them out of my album

and get them copied and send them your way,ok? Anyway there will be

at least one RED BULL represented. Rocky

Yeah, then I will sitting next to esteemed company. B) Glad you joined. Hope you and I can get others to join too. It's never too late.

Would love to see the pics. Ya, if you can copy them for me, it would be just great. I got some photos yesterday from a member of the 36th Combat Engineers and they are fantastic. I hope to have them uploaded to the site this week and will share them with all.

Rocky, received your cherished photos. Will get them scanned today and back in the mail tomorrow morning. Thank you a million times for sending them. I am going to create your very own page on the main site. Will let you know when I have it completed. Hopefully this weekend.

I just love them. Some real classics in there. Yum, goat!!!! :lol::lol:

Rocky, received your cherished photos. Will get them scanned today and back in the mail tomorrow morning. Thank you a million times for sending them. I am going to create your very own page on the main site. Will let you know when I have it completed. Hopefully this weekend.

I just love them. Some real classics in there. Yum, goat!!!! :lol::lol:

Marion; no rush on the pics. Just take your time, SEE I did have some nice times

there. And she even heated some c-rations in a skillet over an open fire!!!

Then for a while we forgot there was a war on. Capish!! Rocky.

Here is a poem sent to me from Natl. Hq. 34th I.D. Assn..

Beneath white crosses row on row

Our buddies lie at Anzio.

Do we remember, yes, we nod,

Some nameless crosses, known but to GOD.

On Anzio Beach beneath the German guns,

Our lines held firm, we did no run.

Yet those who paidfull price that day,

Lie beneath white crosses and Anzio Clay.

While we have Memorial today

May they sleep in peace beneath Anzio's clay.

Do we remember,yes, we nod.

They are lying there beneath Anzio's sod.

Some still lie ther this very day,

In a foreign land so far away.

May they rest well in the hands of GOD,

Beneath the white crosses and the Anzio sod.

They did their job aswell they tried,

They met their fate and there they died.

We must not forget them where they lie,

And really couldn't if we try.

Like Flanders field in World War one,

The crosses gleamm in the mid-day sun

The poppies grow in the same old way,

Near all white crosses on the ANZIO CLAY...

BY ORIN GENTRY---RED BULL SOLDIER..

Rocky:

What a touching, beautiful poem. Hard not to get a bit choked up when reading it.

Got your letter regarding your reunion. I know you will do a bang-up job as acting president of the Red Bulls. You will do them proud.

I am sorry to hear oF Bill's illness. God bless him and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. -o-

Rocky:

What a touching, beautiful poem. Hard not to get a bit choked up when reading it.

Got your letter regarding your reunion. I know you will do a bang-up job as acting president of the Red Bulls. You will do them proud.

I am sorry to hear oF Bill's illness. God bless him and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. -o-

Thank you Marion, I just hit the edit button and I think I messed the last

two paragraphs of the poem and I don't know how to get them together,

quess I DON'T GOT Along enuf pen. I got the poem in the news letter..

HUGS AND OOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Rocky Pres.

Pages: 1 2