The Corps of Engineers : The War Against Germany

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Walt's Daughter

Walt's Daughter

Otherwise known as "M1"

• Admin
  • 11315 posts
  • Interests:Reading, history (especially WWII), research, gardening, cooking, astronomy, decorating, music, web design, genealogy, photography, sci-fi and much, much more. I have a lot of interests and sincerely can't remember the last time I was bored! For me there are never enough hours in the day. :-)

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

The Corps of Engineers : The War Against Germany (1985) - Beck

Hey Colin:

I know we have this GREAT book listed in the book section on the main site, but was looking up some info for a new friend today, and came across the online copy again. That's when I discovered it is now in KINDLE format too. Very cool, huh?

http://www.archive.org/details/corpsofengineers00beck

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon

There's "No Bridge Too Far"
Marion Chard

#2 colinhotham

colinhotham

Major

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Researching WW2 especially Operation Husky and The island of Sicily in 1943.<br />The part played by the Canadian Armed Forces in WW2.<br />Reading biographies especially concerning WW2 participants.<br />Soul/jazz music.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

Oh WOW Marion, yes very cool.
And what did M1 get for Christmas??
Lucky girl, I'll stick with the good old paper edition!! But also 'favourite' the link of course. Thank you. huggybears.gif

Colin.

#3 Walt's Daughter

Walt's Daughter

Otherwise known as "M1"

• Admin
  • 11315 posts
  • Interests:Reading, history (especially WWII), research, gardening, cooking, astronomy, decorating, music, web design, genealogy, photography, sci-fi and much, much more. I have a lot of interests and sincerely can't remember the last time I was bored! For me there are never enough hours in the day. :-)

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ah, yes...

I had bought one for Lee and unbeknown to me, he purchased one for me. Thus, his and hers Kindles for Christmas. Very nice.

I think it's great for simple text manuals and paperbacks. Perfect. Of course nice hardback editions, will always remain in my collection. Those are on a whole other level and cannot be replaced.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon

There's "No Bridge Too Far"
Marion Chard