New kid on the block

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Walt's Daughter

Walt's Daughter

Otherwise known as "M1"

• Admin
  • 11126 posts
  • Interests:Reading, history (especially WWII), research, gardening, cooking, astronomy, decorating, music, web design, genealogy, photography, sci-fi and much, much more. I have a lot of interests and sincerely can't remember the last time I was bored! For me there are never enough hours in the day. :-)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Well lordie, lordie, lordie, did the sky just fall. What a nice, nice surprise. Long time no see Marilyn. And I really could use you this morning, for I have a terrible cold, just got out of bed, sniffling and sneezing, with a scratchy throat and watering eyes. Then I see your post and heck, it actually made me feel a bit better. Thanks for the medicine, girlfriend!

It's great to hear from you again, and I have to admit; what a time trip it was, reading all the posts starting back in 2005 in this thread. Wow! And one of the funny things? Seeing Todd's post announcing, "We have 500 members!" Just this week I posted, "We have 1000 members!" Look how far we've come.

Again, it's fantastic hearing from you. Don't become such a stranger, for it really would be nice to have you back.

Welcome, welcome!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon

There's "No Bridge Too Far"
Marion Chard

#27 CaptO

CaptO

Resident Marine

• Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Interests:-Exploring Okinawa with the family
    -Model Rockets with the boys (Not in Okinawa)
    -Shooting (Not in Okinawa outside of military, of course)
    -1/35 scale plastic modeling - mainly German WWII. You can't deny they had the coolest gear! Although they weren't as cool when used against you.
    -World War II (since I was in grade school)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

That was pretty interesting to see all the old posts. I forget how much is buried in the thousands of posts here. 500 to 1000! That's pretty good in just a couple of years!
Maj Todd O.
トッド オブレオン
USMC
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien, CO 2832nd Bn, 540th

(No USMC endorsement of opinions implied)

#28 texas38

texas38

2nd Lt

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

Thanks, Marion. Hope you feel better soon. -- Marilyn