Photo Archive 1940's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Walt's Daughter

Walt's Daughter

Otherwise known as "M1"

• Admin
  • 11313 posts
  • Interests:Reading, history (especially WWII), research, gardening, cooking, astronomy, decorating, music, web design, genealogy, photography, sci-fi and much, much more. I have a lot of interests and sincerely can't remember the last time I was bored! For me there are never enough hours in the day. :-)

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:12 PM

A great selection of photographs by various photographers during the war.  Many of these are from the archives so the photographers are unknown.  Some of these I have never seen before.   armata_PDT_37.gif

http://photo.ballardmedia.com/main.php?g2_itemId=37059

Yup this site is now defunct!  Too bad.  Another one bites the dust...  unsure.gif  That site is GONE!
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon

There's "No Bridge Too Far"
Marion Chard

#2 CaptO

CaptO

Resident Marine

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Interests:-Exploring Okinawa with the family
    -Model Rockets with the boys (Not in Okinawa)
    -Shooting (Not in Okinawa outside of military, of course)
    -1/35 scale plastic modeling - mainly German WWII. You can't deny they had the coolest gear! Although they weren't as cool when used against you.
    -World War II (since I was in grade school)

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

Unfortunately, that link does not work anymore (or at least for me.) Here is a good one from the National Archives. It has a lot of great pictures that are of a very good size. They also do not have any digital watermark on them.
Maj Todd O.
トッド オブレオン
USMC
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien, CO 2832nd Bn, 540th

(No USMC endorsement of opinions implied)

#3 Walt's Daughter

Walt's Daughter

Otherwise known as "M1"

• Admin
  • 11313 posts
  • Interests:Reading, history (especially WWII), research, gardening, cooking, astronomy, decorating, music, web design, genealogy, photography, sci-fi and much, much more. I have a lot of interests and sincerely can't remember the last time I was bored! For me there are never enough hours in the day. :-)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

More images!  A friend sent this letter out to many people this week. Notice he also included our WWII Jukebox. That was really nice. Thanks Jerry!

A bouquet or roses to the Denver Post for keeping the following two websites up and running after several years.

The photos of these pages remind those of the Greatest Generation what World War II was all about; the photos then tell the younger generations what the Greatest Generation had to endure in order to maintain our way of life.................. a tremendous struggle for the Greatest Generation.

Here is an excellent bunch of pictures about the US in the South Pacific during WWII
http://blogs.denverp...-theaters/1547/

Listen to the music that the people of the war era listened to as they wondered about what would happen the next day:  

http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/

Marion J Chard

Marion Chard

#4 Walt's Daughter

Walt's Daughter

Otherwise known as "M1"

• Admin
  • 11313 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Try this one. Lots of wonderful photos here:

http://blogs.denverp...ters/#more-1547
Marion J Chard

Marion Chard