• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

Uploaded Christmas Music   12/01/17

Uploaded Christmas Music to our WWII Jukebox today. Enjoy! http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/  
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
Walt's Daughter

284th - Silent Heroes

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OL5FVRW - by Mike Shilling - Kindle version

Thank you for posting the link about the book that I put together with the help of the veterans of the 284th Engr. C. Bn. It starts at basic training and goes all the way through the end of the war. It is full of photos, maps, official reports and personal accounts. The guys left most of the combat details out of it though, those details were things they wanted to leave in the past. There is also a paperback version available as well:

https://www.createspace.com/4992551

Hi Jean,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for purchasing the book! It means a lot to know that their history is available and that people are really interested in it!

Their reunion is only a few weeks away so I'm excited to bring them all copies of it. :)

Mikel

Oh that is so cool. I did the same thing with my documentary. I gave a free copy to all my WWII engineers. :pdt12:

It's on it's fourth reprint. Check it out!

Thank you Marion!!

This fourth edition has a ton of new "stuff" added to it!

New stories, maps, details, photos and somewhere around 30 new soldier photos added to the yearbook style roster! It is amazing to me how my little book about the 284th keeps on growing!

NOTE: It is only the paperback that has been updated, I haven't had a chance to update the Kindle version yet.