tomsamoyed

New member - Tom Caulkins son of 316th Engineer

My name is tom caulkins, and i am looking for information on the 316 engr combat Batt 363rd inf regiment 91 inf div. My father was with those units in Italy His name was Russell Caulkins.I have a number of pictures to upload and share when i figure out how to do this here.glad to be here, Tom

Hi Tom! Welcome to the board!

To upload images you have to go into the "More Reply Options" (see it to the lower right of the box that you type in to reply?) and then on the left side you will see "Attach files"

Hum, I'm not really sure. I don't use any iDevices so I'm afraid that I don't have any advice on that. Hopefully someone else will chime in!

This is the process for me:

I click on More Reply Options

I then click on Choose Files

That will open a window to let me select the files that I want to upload. So maybe that is the confusing part? It could potentially show you all of your pictures but it will only upload the picture(s) that you actually select.

Hi and welcome. Yes, I just sent you some instructions via email too. I think the problem is that you are trying to open a program and not a file folder. The upload function of our forum is for exploring folders and choosing individual files from that folder. Sounds you might be opening an application?

Let us know. Happy to help.

Hello Tom!

Thank you so much for joining the site and for posting those photos!

The photos are fabulous!

Thank goodness you and your Dad realized how much those photos would mean to so many of us!

You can not imagine the impact this site has had on my life because of the knowledge I gained from the incredible people that make up this site!

Again, happy you are here!

Jean

Ah, looks like you are getting the hang of yes. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for your patience. It's all a learning experience, isn't it?

Yes this is a learning experience!! how do i view all the photos? if i can do it again, i have more but do not want to post doubles.All the pictures except the one of myself were taken in Italy. the one of myself was in Eastern Wash.

What do you mean by 'view all the photos"? I can see the three photos you uploaded. They display when you view this post. Please explain. Thanks.

well when i downloaded and "attached" it said 15 files. but now i am sure it only opened or downloaded 1 pic not 15. i think this means i have to download or attach 1 pic at a time. seems that the apple man at class was right. will have to try more things unless there is another way to do this. one photo at a time is nuts., as i have quite a few.

Actually you can attach several at a time. If you go over the limit, it will tell you, then you can put more in the next post, after you post the first one.

I will give you a direct example and take a screen shot as I go along so you can see.

Here we go. Read the following files in this order, for it didn't upload them in order. Just didn't want you to be confused.

Attach file for VI Corps

Attach file for VI Corps 2

Attach file for VI Corps 3

Attach file for VI Corps 4

These are instructional files.

post-2-0-09200900-1393987020_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-91241400-1393987023_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-99967700-1393987026_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-66591000-1393987029_thumb.jpg

Okay I have some items I can upload right now that were sent to me via email. Notice that I photo-shopped the images to improve their quality.

post-2-0-53843700-1394127318_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-26146700-1394127320_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-36784600-1394127328_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-42153400-1394127342_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-73073000-1394127354_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-50839400-1394127366_thumb.jpg

Either I am a complete idiot, or something was missing from the instructions. I can get the files to show in a small list next to choose file, however i cannot highlight one or choose them individually, they do not stay on the screen long enough to be picked, as soon as i move the cursor towards the list they disappear.

Hmmm, sounds like it has nothing to do with our forum, for your files are on your computer's hard drive, and I can't see how our program is affecting the mouse and your ability to select files. To be honest, this is the first time in 10 years I've heard of a problem like this. I'm stymied. I know we have a ton of other MAC users too.

There is nothing missing from the instructions, for I have literally done this thousands of time in the last decade, not only here, but on other forums too.

Anyone have any ideas, for I am beside myself.

You can also look at the Invision's provided HELP section on this forum:

http://www.6thcorpsc...ore&module=help

You may want to change your browser, at least temporarily and see if that works. Browser's can be the culprits on many forums.

Yes, I have had problems with different browsers before. More than likely, that's the culprit.

I can download thru firefox, but srill only one picture at a time. the first picture on the left is at Camp White in Oregon and my father is on the left the second pic is also at Camp White, and he is on the right. the 3rd pic is in Italy, somewhere near Cianni or Bagni and he is going to his first day of combat.if you count the first soldier on the left as #1 then go to the one in the center, my father is just behind him as #3 Pic 4 is my father. i may try this again in safari i think i know what idid wrong. I will post more pics now that i think i know how to put descriptions with the photos