• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

Uploaded Christmas Music   12/01/17

Uploaded Christmas Music to our WWII Jukebox today. Enjoy! http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/  
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
Guest Caryl-280ECB

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

OMG, just started the Unbroken book a few days ago. I am just wowed. The story is so well written, but man, it it ever depressing. I'm about half way through at the moment.

Amazing to see Louis from childhood to man. Won't say anything much, for I don't want to spoil it for everyone who hasn't read it yet. Hubby is going to read this next.

Caryl, finished the book last night. When I read the final words and saw the smiling pics of them at home, I just cried while running my fingers over the photos. I don't think it gets any more moving than this.

I can't imagine ONE day of what he experienced, let alone years of abuse in the POW camps in Japan. That was hell on earth. Just revolting. But what spirit, what drive.

A must read!!!

Here's his personal website, hun:

http://www.louiezamperini.com/

Just adding...

Hubby is reading Unbroken right now. I transferred over to his Kindle.

Howdy all, I just got this on audio book and I remembered this topic from about a year ago. I'll let you know what I think in a bit. I have about a 30 minute commute each way from housing to Camp Hansen so I get a lot of "reading" don that way.

Make sure you have a Kleenex box nearby.