• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

Uploaded Christmas Music   12/01/17

Uploaded Christmas Music to our WWII Jukebox today. Enjoy! http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/  
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
jasoncummings

1053rd Engineer Port Construction and Repair Group

On 11/12/2017 at 11:37 PM, drwstr123 said:

My father was a diver for the 1053rd. Did the the ETO and wound up in the Philippians at war's end.

Second from left, bottom row, Mike Sokoloff.

IMG_NEW.jpg

Thanks for sharing, my father in law in in the graduation picture in Robert Raysback posting and your father is standing behind him to the right. My father in law also did ETO and the Philippines

they obviously knew each other. Any information that you have about the 1053rd would be appreciated. 

19 hours ago, Walt's Daughter said:

Now that had to be a scary job. I would have to pass on that one!  Lot of brave guys there! Thanks for posting this wonderful photograph!

So cool. Thank you for posting that great letter of commendation.

Just had a chance to go through it. Loved being able to see the photos and read the accompanying documentation.

For JerryLH who posted 31 May 2016. Pittsburg probably refers to Pittsburg, California, which  is N.E. of Oakland near the mouth of the Sacamento R.. This was the point of embarkation for the equipment. I know this from Dad's letters home during WW-2. He made 3 trips to Pittsburg CA in '43, ferrying 1054th equipment from Georgia. When the equipment was packed, the men went on to another port for overseas processing and shipment. That was Presidio Monterey for the 1054th, but that became the Army Language School near the end of the war. Hope this helps.

Dusty