rennog

Stars and stripes

I have a question, a friend of mine found a Stars and Stripes Newspaper in a Cupboard here in Luxembourg and I borrowed it from him to scan it in, what I did.

My question is can I publish it here on this board maybe someone would like to read it?

Or should I sent it to you by mail Marion ??

Martin

Is this readable?

post-26-1166278174_thumb.jpg

Either way is fine with me. If you have the capability to upload, go right ahead, I certainly won't mind. If you are having problems, then go ahead and mail it to me (my address is on the main site) and I will post it.

By the way, when I attended the 1108th reunion, they gave me about a dozen Stars and Stripes, but I have to be very careful with them because they are getting very brittle and falling apart at the edges. I have to preserve them and right now have them in an acid free box as are many of my WWII items.

:pdt34:

The last one for today the rest will follow tomorrow or tonight when I'm back from we'll see.

I anyone wants this scans I can sent them by Email each one is around 4.5 mb big and it are 16 scans, just drop me a mail and you get it :pdt34:

post-26-1166278038_thumb.jpg

Ya, those look very good!

:pdt34::pdt:

I recently picked up 3 issues of Stars and Stripes from May, 1945 including the May 9th issue "It's Official Now!", announcing the end of the war in the ETO. There was also a supplement to this as well as an issue with info about Redeployment and "points", which I'm sure was the number one topic of conversation at the time (well....maybe #2, these were 19 year old men! :lol: )

:woof: Jim

Well this one I scanned in is pure history it laid in a cupboard from the end of the war till now ,and when you touched it you could still feel the Time on it.

Merry Christmas to you all. :lol:

I love your last comment, "and when you touched it you could still feel the Time on it."

:wub:

I just love these things. A dear friend of mine whose family never threw anything away still has a ledger in her library where her parents recorded the purchase of war bonds in 1943.

Brooke