• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

Uploaded Christmas Music   12/01/17

Uploaded Christmas Music to our WWII Jukebox today. Enjoy! http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/  
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
Walt's Daughter

OUR MUSIC PAGE

Updated the music page again. We now have 260 tunes for your listening pleasure, plus a complete PDF songlist with artist (where known). Hope you love it. There's quite a variety now!

:clappin:

Completely revamped our music site today; it got a face lift. Guess I was inspired by getting our forum back up and running today. So enjoy the new site.

And as of Wednesday morning, October 22, 2008, we have had 325, 600 visitors to our music site. This is fantastic! Thanks everyone for making it a smashing success. Beat me daddy, eight to the bar!

:clappin:

Music site will be moving to a new server this weekend - November 8th, 2008. This is our last of our BIG MOVES this year, and now all our STUFF will be residing at HostMonster, and we will no longer have anything at GO DADDY.

I do not like the service we get at Go Daddy, and after the last FIASCO with our main site (forum), I will never again host with them.

The one good thing is they agreed to refund my money for our music site, when I decided to move it. That is after I got a bit pissy with them about charging me $150.00 to restore our forum. I told them I would pull our remaining account (music), and I have their word IN WRITING, I would receive a refund. You can bet I will hold them to it!

So if you go to the music site this weekend, and it is down for a bit, please do not panic; it's going to a better home.

Got a really nice write up in the following Solomons Diary July 2009 Newsletter. Thanks so much Joe. That was really sweet of you.

Solomons_Diary_7_2009_Newsletter.pdf

This was posted in our Guestbook this morning. Awww, man!

Please enter your comments:

Manchester, England

i am sitting with my mum who is 95 years old 1914 listening to your music ....she is singing along , and it's making my eyes cry !!!!! x Thankyou xxxxxx

I am doing some techy-stuff on the music site this morning, so if you encounter any difficulties, you will know why.

I am replacing a few of the tunes with better versions, adding a few additional tunes, and also added some known names of artists who were previously missing. The revamp should take a few hours, so thanks for your patience. This effort is an effort to improve your listening experience.

hugs,

M1

I am doing some techy-stuff on the music site this morning, so if you encounter any difficulties, you will know why.

I am replacing a few of the tunes with better versions, adding a few additional tunes, and also added some known names of artists who were previously missing. The revamp should take a few hours, so thanks for your patience. This effort is an effort to improve your listening experience.

hugs,

M1

That's fine as long as you DON'T mess with my,,Elizabeth song, in spanish, ya hear !

Yes sir, wouldn't mess with ya intentionally!!!

I am including an updated songlist later, but will include it HERE now.

See our Songlist page

Lyrics to I'm Beginning to See the Light by Harry James. One of my ALL time 40's songs!

I'M BEGINNING TO SEE THE LIGHT

Harry James

- words and music by Harry James, Duke Ellington, Johnny Hodges and Don George

- lyrics as recorded by Kitty Kallen with Harry James and his Orchestra in 1945

I never cared much for moonlit skies

I never wink back at fireflies

But now that the stars are in your eyes

I'm beginning to see the light

I never went in for afterglow

Or candlelight on the mistletoe

But now when you turn the lamp down low

I'm beginning to see the light