NEW REGISTRATIONS - Please read first! Read more... ×
Research Assistance Donations - your help is appreciated Read more... ×
Walt's Daughter

OUR MUSIC PAGE

It's just getting started, but we now have a WWII Tunes Page. I just uploaded one song tonight, "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition." I hope to have many more tunes within the next few weeks. The page will open in a separate window, allowing you to continue browsing the site while listening to your favorite tunes.

WWII Tunes This link is defunct!

Please use this one: VI Corps Music - The new link!

:clappin::drinkin:

Edited by Walt's Daughter

Great program

Pick for to-day "You'll never know" Dick Haymes

Nice memories as air corp. cadet in Florida

For you young-uns the rest of that line was "how much I love you"

papa Art

:D Hi from Lux.

That's an amazing idea I like the music from the 40's too I have 5 or 6 cd's with music from that time and fom time to time I listen to it.

My favorite are the Andrews sister with Rum and coca cola :clappin: .

I wish you all a happy new year 2005 :drinkin: .

Martin

I too like the Andrews sisters. What great harmonies. Ahhh! Well, when I go to France and meet mes cousins, then we will have to meet for some 40's music avec rum et coca-cola. :DB)

Glad you are enjoying the new feature. I've already heard back from several of the vets and they're in seventh heaven.

I now find myself going through the house and store humming and singing music from the 40's.

Thanks for the memory...

Happy New Year,

Marion

Guest colinhotham

I've just had an evening of nostalgia. What takes me back 60 odd years is the voice of Captain Glen Miller introducing the AAF band. My parents used to listen to the AFN. My dad was a Royal Marine bandmaster during WW2 and led a military dance band playing that kind of music.

Colin.

:tank:

Oh good. Glad I could bring back some good memories for you. Glenn Miller gets me going too.

Ah your dad was a bandmaster. How interesting. Do you have any copies of tunes he did? Any recordings?

Guest colinhotham

I'm afraid I have'nt any recordings and and have been unable to discover any. I know he made recordings for the BBC, of programmes like "Workers Playtime" and have a photo of him fronting the dance band at Ford's Dagenham plant in 1944. I have contacted the BBC archives and the National Sound Archives but assume from their answers that nothing was kept.

Colin.

:tank:

That's too bad. Don't give up though, maybe someone or several someones have copies, even if the BBC doesn't. Who knows, maybe someone will read this post and say, "By George, don't we have those old tunes?" Stranger things have happened, Colin.

^_^

I take it you've seen all this stuff right?

Search for Royal Marine Band

:D  Hi from Lux.

My favorite are the Andrews sister with Rum and coca cola :clappin:  .

Martin

I remember the Andrews sisters from when I was a kid. You couldn't go anywhere that they weren't singing on the radio. Drove me batty, though, trying to figure out which one was which. To this day, I couldn't tell you.

Another song from WWII - Deep In The Heart of Texas! Though born in Texas, I was living in California. Everyone was singing it, especially when I walked in the door. Lord! did I ever get tired of that! It was a catchy tune, tho. - Marilyn

Added new tunes from WWII today thanks to my friend Misha from Yugoslavia. He sent me a great CD with all kinds of World War II music and I just started compiling and uploading today. I added about 10 tunes from Glenn Miller and Harry James and will be adding more this week.

WWII Tunes

So check it out and I hope you enjoy the tunes as much as yours truly. Let's swing.

:clappin::nuts:

I can help you with the Andrews sisters if you wish.

There is list from my old cassete(LP is lost somewhere)

1.Elmer's tune

2.Daddy

3.Wake up and live

4.Joseph,Joseph

5.Tipi -tin

6.Well,all riht

7.Hold tight

8.South American Way

9.Sha-sha

10. Ciribiribin

11.Sing,sing

12.In the mood

13.Bei mir bist du schon

14.Don't be that way

15.Don,t sit under the apple tree

16.Boogie woogie bugle boy from co. b

17.Woody woodpecker song

18.House of blue lights

19.Straighteen up& fly right

20.Down by the Ohio

Marion,I can do it in the same way like last time. :woof:

That would be wonderful Misha. I put up about 10 more songs tonight. Thanks a billion again. You have made a wonderful contribution to our site. I know the vets really appreciate it too. I get many letters from them saying so.

^_^

Today I added a great medley mix of the Andrew Sisters that Misha sent me. I didn't even realize it was on he CD he mailed to me until today. Was driving down state to get groceries for the store and the medley started up. 13 minutes of great swing. B)<_<

^_^ Hi there I'll send you some of my cd's when I'm finished with the movie's for you, I will include a movie from Normandy made by my brother it's on a VHS cassette and I have no VHS player anymore so have to borrow one so I could rip it on the pc and write it on a dvd for you.

Have a nice day you all

Martin :D

Martin:

Gee between you and Misha I am going to be in great hands. Both of you are so kind to take your time to make CD's and tapes for me. I really, really, really appreciate your generosity. :D-_- Thanks so much. It is nice having new friends like you. :drinkin:

Please let me know if I can ever help you out. I wouldn't mind at all, so just ask. I owe ya one! ;)

Have a great day!!!

Added an Edith Pilaf tune yesterday and will be adding more some time today. Hey, even a Jimmy Durante song coming your way. This is in thanks to my new friend Jerry Aschermann. Thanks! B)

Okay Jimmy Durante is now uploaded too.

Edited by Walt's Daughter

I remember the start of a song that was in every juke-box.

It must have been UK song

It started "There will always be an England" that is all I can remember.

It was not a very good song but at that time it seemed OK

How asbout The three little fishes, they swam right over the dam

Art

I'm sure our English friends will help you out on that one. Okay blokes, fire away.

I remember the start of a song that was in every juke-box.

It must have been UK song

It started "There will always be an England" that is all I can remember ..........

There'll always be an England,

While there's a country lane.

Wherever there's a cottage small

Beside a field of grain

There'll always be an England

While there's a busy street.

Wherever there's a turning wheel

A million marching feet.

Red, white and blue

What does it mean to you?

Surely you're proud

Shout it loud

Britons awake!

The Empire too

We can depend on you.

Freedom remains

These are the chains

Nothing can break.

There'll always be an England

And England shall be free

If England means as much to you

As England means to me.

Music:

http://www.rienzihills.com/SING/therewilla...beanengland.htm

I knew one of you guys would come through for us. Thanks a ton James. Words and music too. You're a doll! B)

I can't believe it. I just started the music page a couple of months ago and thought it would be pretty cool, but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would take off like this. As of tonight the page has received 6,955 hits. Incredible folks.

I have received email from people all over telling me just how much they love it and how they can get copies of the music. Fantastic.

I am glad that everyone is enjoying it so immensely. I sure am too.

:clappin:

Dear friends, more music is on the way to GREAT " MARION'S JUKEBOX SATURDAY NIGHT" including more from the Andrews Sisters,Glenn Miller,Benny Goodman and something special... Please wait for a couple of days.:clock:

Regards and.... LONG LIVE SWING AND JIVE!

Special thanks to Vet's and their reaction on Marion's Music "Page" !

Did I ever tell you how utterly cool you were? Well if I didn't, I am now. Misha rules! B)

Thanks my friend. Yes, the music page has really taken off and I have you to thank for part of it's success. Your name shall remain in lights.

My friend from Alaska, Nancy, just sent me a disk tonight too and I haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet. More stuff to come your way...

:drinkin: